#26 js007

js007

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4290 posts
  • United States

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:47 PM

Nice views during the day, and if you stick to just beer, you probably can't go wrong.

Attached Images

• 5430100471_dc41100848_z.jpg

#27 Evil Penevil

Evil Penevil

Elite Poster

• Major Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5630 posts
  • Interests:exposing Internet con men and frauds
  • United States

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:13 PM

Has it been confirmed that Pattaya Pete has sold PBG? If so, who are the new owners? I must admit, it's been a long time since I've eaten at PBG because of discouraging reports about the food there.

Evil
:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil, 11 May 2017 - 10:15 PM.

#28 Bullfrog

Bullfrog

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2720 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:15 PM

Nice views during the day, and if you stick to just beer, you probably can't go wrong.

Agree ... and by the look of those clouds I was in there when that pic was taken....

EDIT = Were you there during the thunderstorm? I was watching the para-gliders up in the air amongst the lightning strikes. Bizarre atitude to safety..!!

Edited by Bullfrog, 12 May 2017 - 12:05 AM.

#29 Bullfrog

Bullfrog

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2720 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:15 PM

Has it been confirmed that Pattaya Pete has sold PBG?
Evil
:devil

That was pure speculation on my part...

Edited by Bullfrog, 12 May 2017 - 12:06 AM.

#30 RhinoTusk

RhinoTusk

Super Poster

• Major Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1387 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:23 AM

I agree that you wouldn't want to go there for the food.

#31 PattayaPete

PattayaPete

Elite Poster

• SSG-Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2705 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:58 AM

I can confirm that he has not sold the PBG.  :D

#32 Bullfrog

Bullfrog

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2720 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:03 AM

I can confirm that he has not sold the PBG.  :D

Hahaha... so what is he doing about the shit food..??

The new chef is crap ... your girls still work hard, are good company and your drinks are delicious...Only that far corner lets you down...

#33 cbrib

cbrib

Super Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1271 posts
  • Interests:Life
  • Thailand

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:46 PM

I always like sitting at PBG and chillin out. I haven't eaten there in a while but i never had a bad meal there and the missus always liked the Thai food.I am not a crtitc nor would i expect even 4 star food there, will have to have a looksee for myself soon

#34 grs90

grs90

Advanced Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • England

Posted 13 May 2017 - 01:18 AM

Ate there yesterday with the wife.  Her Thai food was described as "ok but need more spicy" and my farang meal was quite good.  

The only problem was that her food arrived about 15 minutes before mine so we had to take turns watching each other eat.  It should be fairly basic kitchen management to get orders for couples out at the same time although this seems to be a struggle for most restaurants in Thailand.  

As far as service was concerned, it would have been better if the black and blue dressed staff spent less time chatting with each other and more time helping the songkran shirts who seemed to be the only ones doing anything.

All in all the PBG is still a nice place to go to and we'll be back there on our next trip to town.

#35 Bullfrog

Bullfrog

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2720 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 14 May 2017 - 12:52 PM

I always like sitting at PBG and chillin out. I haven't eaten there in a while but i never had a bad meal there and the missus always liked the Thai food.I am not a crtitc nor would i expect even 4 star food there, will have to have a looksee for myself soon

I would totally agree with this until sometime last year when "something" changed. No idea what but was told it was a new chef. I have had some fantastic thai meals in there and some great afternoons with friends and family but from now onwards alcohol only..

#36 Goldpanner

Goldpanner

Senior Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Interests:Working on the Big Bang theory. Once upon a time there was nothing.....which exploded??
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:20 AM

I dont eat ther but like just sitting with a beer out the back

#37 teelack

teelack

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8982 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:31 AM

I have eaten twice in the last week and the food was fine. Thai lady seemed happy with hers. The only thing that I commented on was that the service staff were inconsistent. They have lost the level of professionalism that they had in the past. This is never easy to put a finger on as it is a collection of small things.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

#38 Bob Belzy

Bob Belzy

Junior Poster

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted Today, 07:48 AM

There last night with a TGF and food seemed OK. Very very quiet.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

laffnliv

This topic has been visited by 240 user(s)

JaimetheLimey, izzyg, ZARIS, bluechef, papadoc, Grandpollo, short, baht_miser, Saddic, MyTHaiMyKe, rb, roblytham, patcrazy, PigBoy#1, ToffeeAl, PETERN, Shilo, JohnLogieBaird, glassdude007, jimmac, honeypot, Inbound, cannonball83204, assasaintim, hatter, Tilacno1, baldviking, Bushcraft, mjg2go, statman208, davebuczek, Gabor, ozboy, graymatter, Spice, bigmick, CheshireTom, samaka, groover, VPI78, csm, knortyboy, sanuk scouser, up2usexyman, joeaf, Greg_B, Slobbert, Raistx, mmaaarrrkkk, jimbowx, kimasabi, maxwell, monochromeman, webcis82, Rub&Buah, , hillybilly, kutetee, boss hogg, jay5678, gex, ColonelK, kikc69, arheath, vampireass, yankee99, Roughneck, papparog, eddydb, veill, firth1974, kingarthur, fredflint, dream1302, Billions, Gary, hahimi, darkmancomes, aguy2006, Chilli Pepper, eastoffife, trikidiki, sabai_dee, LBJ, cottesloe, SimplySam, sonofsiam, harro1, MrMango, chas, wacmedia, fisherman194, 007cableguy, SunnyValentine, seanss, sick buffalo, Fatboyfat, coxy, goldy40, dphoude, Manganelli, joemac, cohiba1961, kingfuji, parry, Grahamxxx, titan, aardvark, teddysad, hulter, Allover, Mick, Blackwell, razraz, brent, panko, stevemcm, syed, Lantern, BigusDicus, mrbill2, Idefix, teelack, glee, TheFiend, Steffe, wombat51, carling, RhinoTusk, braggsaw, Samsonite, Fondles, maik, Glynn, js007, Odense, JONPAT, goldtop1, chrisinjapan, J.Allen, billy69, MeGoDanceNow, beefos, yselmike, cbrib, willconq66, sabaidii2, Big_Brian, telmah, yorta2, Dungheap, awesum4, redwood13, thegrogmonster, stoddie, dv34917, ttk, Mi Papa, captcraig2, fosse, atlas2, syd_tybil, plahgat, Bear194, marleyboy, monkeyman, duncmc, THE_DRUID, robbo, rnine, kuranda_bagman, lounge_lizard, AtlantaJoe, tar, Kev, Shaun, jor, bkkbob40, Fireman Sam, ozerob, buck22, Harvey, PattayaPete, losgrad, The_Fat_Controller, Goldpanner, N3RGT, Shuggy, tallguy, Scottie, Nightrider, Butch, hacker, bastax33, fizzog3, rambler349, neilri2001, Evil Penevil, BigDUSA, hjr, fi33er, explorer, fttrading09, InCider, Counterpointing, nus01, beerboy, Landshark, Jack Scagnetti, CalEden, Canuckdave, stomper, BeerBelly, python, GeeGee, sinbinjack, Bob Belzy, Bullfrog, Gus, sailingbill, forcebwithu, LasRobos, jacko, aldo262, fast eddy, keyman, tommyjg, MM, grs90, dheado, conway, Chang_paarp, aj, buzzfuzz1, nkped, Catbear, 4niceight, Bazle, gs joe, laffnliv