Hall O Fame

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10518 posts
  • Interests:Wine,women and fast horses
  • Eritrea

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:48 AM

Hi,

Great stuff, indeed. I wonder what our American cousins made of it ?

#3 losgrad

losgrad

Senior Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • United States

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:32 AM

Sad, very sad; but it was great golf that I could not turn away from as painful as it was to watch....

Congratulations to Team Europe!

The European Team played significantly better as mathematically reported by Nick Faldo, it was something like 110 or so under par for the European Team vs. 70 something for the USA Team.

During the first two days, too many putts came up short which puzzles me as in match play, a bogey or double bogey is usually still the loss of the hole...

Since Jack Nicklaus recommended the Ryder Cup expand beyond England and Ireland to become a European team, the USA has had a tough time and/or the PGA Tour of America needs to modify their processes.

Interestingly, for the "Royal Trophy" bi-annual matches between Europe and Asia, Asia has won one and tied one since it's inception in 2006 which you'd have to go back to 1999 to get two wins from USA.  The European team members are definitely doing something right for match play and these team events.

Well, in two years, I hope Team USA can make it more competitive.

Enjoy. 

Edited by losgrad, 30 September 2014 - 10:33 AM.

#4 MM

MM

Hall O Fame

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30535 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:33 AM

What is it, again?

#5 atlas2

atlas2

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7860 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:06 AM

I went right off Michelson attacking Watson so publicly.

Just as I always support Mahan against any neutral after his tears of disappointment last time……..I'm afraid Phil will have to suffer the the fist of atlas being shaken at the screen as I shout 'Ope you bloody miss!' 

#6 Nightrider

Nightrider

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2819 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:13 PM

I went right off Michelson attacking Watson so publicly.

Just as I always support Mahan against any neutral after his tears of disappointment last time……..I'm afraid Phil will have to suffer the the fist of atlas being shaken at the screen as I shout 'Ope you bloody miss!' 

Yes i agree , this should be done in private and without any leaks to the press , he has certainly gone down a few notches in my book......!

#7 Big_Brian

Big_Brian

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2672 posts
  • Scotland

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:28 AM

It was nice to see well behaved fans, cheering good shots from either side.  That's in the spirit of golf.  Hopefully the US fans will take note for next time, I'm not holding my breath though.

I just wish they  could catch that loonie who, in an American accent, keeps shouting "get in the hole" on 400 yard plus par 4s.

#8 Nightrider

Nightrider

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2819 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:53 AM

What is it, again?

Hockey........... :D    

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 52 user(s)

Spice, SimplySam, PigBoy#1, Bushcraft, bluechef, TheFiend, mlay, assasaintim, N3RGT, wolfie, ttk, atlas2, pattysteve, wacmedia, MM, CheshireTom, nkped, larrymac90, boss hogg, keyman, losgrad, hacker, priory, jacko, dirtydawg, Chelseaboy, lounge_lizard, InternationalTraveler, Slobbert, Big_Brian, mrlasvegas, 86Tiger, qman, carling, elway69, captainmainwaring, Tilacno1, awesum4, Nightrider, brotherbuzz, sailingbill, briar, GHJKL, tar, bkkbob40, normsky, Goldpanner, Mick, Abacus, woody0563, croppedshaggy, marz