#151 ikkrang

ikkrang

Senior Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:28 PM

Is Nam, herself, going to absorb the cost of the tollway increase or will it be passed onto the drivers? I only ask because if it gets passed onto the driver I will give the driver an EXTRA 50Bt in the tip while explaining the reason(toll increase) for the extra 50Bt to them.

If Nam, herself, absorbs it, there's no doubt that giving the driver the extra 50Bt, to give to Nam, will not make it to Nam.     

Sorry, I have been offline for a while.
In answer to your question, Nam has absorbed the toll increase herself, the drivers margin stays the same.

#152 martini9946

martini9946

Junior Poster

• Participant
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:58 PM

Used Nams taxis for my trip in July 2018  great meet and greet at the airport even gave me a couple of bottles of water for free ..driver was very professional ..and a safe driver  on the return trip phoned me 30 mins early to confirm my pickup time and hotel ...have just booked for my return trip in January 2019 with Nams great communication asks for all your details by email so theirs no misunderstandings highly recommended  Ian      

#153 atlas2

atlas2

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9175 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:54 PM

I use her company.....(it's grown into that having about 22 lady drivers now)........She's had help of course but cares about the service she provides and her drivers and they respond in kind. 

#154 Dungheap

Dungheap

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1954 posts
  • Japan

Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:36 AM

I switched to Nam's this trip after getting pissed off with a rival's drivers for texting and yakking on the phone while driving.

Nam's drivers were excellent, very courteous, professional and safe.

Would definitely use the company again.

#155 forcebwithu

forcebwithu

Senior Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:04 AM

Good to see Nam's good service is being rewarded with more customers switching to her. Be nice if more Thai businesses would follow this business model.

#156 yorta2

yorta2

Super Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1274 posts
  • Australia

Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:21 AM

It's a shame that I may never see Nam in a taxi again; she is lovely, but she must now operate the business However, I am so glad her 'company' is going so well. It may be time for her to update her site (perhaps with the help of her good friend, ikkrang),and to make it a bigger and better page. She has done so well, and I wish her all the best to succeed even further.

#157 martini9946

martini9946

Junior Poster

• Participant
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:32 PM

Heres the link to her site if anyone wants

http://www.namstaxipattaya.com/

#158 Bazle

Bazle

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3407 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:35 PM

It's a shame that I may never see Nam in a taxi again; she is lovely, but she must now operate the business However, I am so glad her 'company' is going so well.......... She has done so well, and I wish her all the best to succeed even further.

Yes, totally agree. I don't even get a message from her now: all communications seem to come from her secretary, Ms Chanya.

Well done that girl. ☺️

#159 keyman

keyman

Super Poster

• A Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1093 posts
  • England

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:22 PM

I've been  using her taxis pretty much since she started when I even used to get a hug from her when she dropped me off! Not seen her for a while but all her drivers have been punctual, safe and polite. No issues whatsoever.

KM

#160 midlifecrisis

midlifecrisis

Hall O Fame

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15439 posts
  • United States

Posted 12 October 2018 - 04:26 PM

Heres the link to her site if anyone wants

http://www.namstaxipattaya.com/

Thanks. I have bookmarked it!

#161 Butch

Butch

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3051 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:15 PM

Yep, one of her drivers picked me up on my last trip in July.

Safe, responsible and overall, just the kind of stress free journey you want after losing luggage and patience with Cebu Pacific!!. A nice smile, a cold bottle of water and a chilled out, safe drive was just the tonic.

It's odd that something as simple as a Taxi journey can make a difference to the trip. We always remember the bad ones, which might put a bloke on a negative vibe before he even enters funtown, which as we all know can, in a perverse kind of way, dictate our attitudes for a while. (Pattaya kind of does that to you).

#162 yorta2

yorta2

Super Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1274 posts
  • Australia

Posted 21 October 2018 - 12:26 AM

I love Nam's service, but if anybody doesn't and wants an alternative that has popped up in Patts, have a look at this. I am not advertising it, nor am I deliberately putting up competition against Nam's service, and possibly could have started a new thread, as it is, this just popped up in my Facebook, so someone is monitoring Nam. Anyway, here it is:

Rainnie Taxi Pattaya (Facebook)

Edited by yorta2, 21 October 2018 - 12:27 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Taxi, lady driver, airport runs, careful, reliable

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 364 user(s)

plahgat, Spice, N3RGT, mlay, larrymac90, bluechef, alexist, likeki, biggles, kahootzgreenbay, statman208, Pol, fosse, gregUK, The_Fat_Controller, aguy2006, expat67, ZARIS, chuckrivera, aldriglikvid, havoc, knortyboy, stonethrower, klongwalker, wacojacko, tar, Bay1, Steptoe, Roughneck, Grandpollo, driftwood, Pilot, max1970, Parkwahn, capdagde, boss hogg, wacmedia, sh7691, Ee2002, ausmagoo, perfguy10, python, tommyg, Cinali, Handsome Man, pwrmnd, jbloggs, stellapike, bvthunder, sanuk1no, ToffeeAl, marklotus, patty.tourthai, issan dip, Bigchaser, shri823, oblong, alanchar, Al_Davis, graymatter, syd_tybil, pattaya_mad, ttownjeff, danboy, , papillon, js007, davethailand, typhoon42, CalEden, JaimetheLimey, nacer275, trotski, kev1967, Swami, CheshireTom, PattayaPete, djidji, aj, whitney, mattelyo, samaka, ArtyGraph, Den, papparog, vncnt, redwood13, , s77656769, maik, treybo, SFSnake007, AllenBlue, ThaiLearner, humordoc, timm, symmer, mister_handy, bobcat74, tazzydevil, johnboi, runanga, yselmike, farman, Chelseaboy, Anfield, chas, trikidiki, steviemaast, richardm, GREEN MALAKA, knavjord, JohnIrish, twitter, wombat51, kikc69, Gabor, john719, jamie392305, copey5, BeerBelly, graeme, enduser, LBJ, goldy40, Forever, eddydb, DOLPHIN777, gazza54, gimmble, buzzfuzz1, harro1, Rub&Buah, SF_dude, aldo262, papadoc, PETERN, shambley, joebuck44, gex, ost22, golfer2426, nariad, Big_Brian, aardvark, Hayabusa, jockpaton, dudey, pinoydave, mike_asia, chris2004, Cerberus, jimmac, Tilacno1, baht_miser, glee, smart78, jimbowx, Mark2300, grimsbyuk, jpsg, jem23, sparkydave, cannonball83204, DaveB, STARGAZER, Evil Penevil, Blackwell, rambler349, InternationalTraveler, strolling, cluster, zyphur, Fatboyfat, gammonplayer, captcraig2, dream1302, patrick009, hahimi, darkmancomes, fttrading09, Goldpanner, Happy Knackers, joeaf, hallmark, qman, surry, maxwell, LOSO, bluescreen, , roverwild, Canuckdave, ozerob, Jack Scagnetti, Owl_, awesum4, SimplySam, MM, Stan, woody0563, bigbadbaz, Ozman, , Spooky, Bullfrog, laffnliv, nadia, seanss, Brownfox, SlipSlopSlap, elche, aussiechic, UncleSam, texasfarang, JONPAT, billy69, morog701, grityorteef, 4niceight, rich613, Baxer, Counterpointing, 007cableguy, TF_Heinz, BENJI, nickman70, eviltwin, greenhorn, ketil_n, DingDangDo, tonybinak, losgrad, gunzel3808, pug, maxpower1971, fi33er, Slobbert, BigusDicus, grs90, mrlasvegas, pattysteve, Glynn, Fireman Sam, buffalo, SunnyValentine, Biego, firth1974, beechnut3, Irish boy, rhand, flashkiwi, nkped, Zeus, eastoffife, razraz, Shuggy, Agent007, jayboy, Top_Cat, john55, sabaidii2, parry, hacker, Chester007, braggsaw, Kev, Dungheap, fast eddy, Gawd Elpus, kingarthur, Billions, Atticus, thegrogmonster, Samsonite, CyberSpud, villaman, neilri2001, veill, 9cisco999, helloitsme, marleyboy, Scottie, conway, short, Harvey, mrbill2, ozboy, PigBoy#1, simplywet, travlr1134, Firepole, teelack, chrisinjapan, cottesloe, bkkbob40, LasRobos, Chilli Pepper, DP Gumbypgh, frostfire, PATFAN, Bear194, Landshark, Gary, Rawhide2, fizzog3, peterbutterfly, benny31, kimasabi, marz, carling, robbo, jintana, basse45, ikkrang, Siam Sam, beefos, ttk, Bushcraft, Patna, rnine, dheado, tommyjg, BILLYH, Regyai, gs joe, Butch, Bazle, TheFiend, jor, tallguy, bastax33, Olded, fisherman194, hjr, priory, Catbear, kingfuji, BigDUSA, sandancer, Chang_paarp, snowbird, chico, Odense, too_mutt, forcebwithu, kuranda_bagman, jacko, yorta2, midlifecrisis, atlas2, sailingbill, martini9946, InCider, keyman, Bob Belzy, marxere, wobbly_1, stuarty, rob270, lounge_lizard, GeeGee, ice3799, goldtop1