#2 Butch

Butch

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2999 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:43 PM

Good post CP, although there are online quotes via Kasikorn and Bangkok bank, seeing an actual, updated on the street exchange rate is most welcome.

#3 Chang_paarp

Chang_paarp

Senior Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Australia

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:35 AM

Not much has changed since last night.
20160822_170553.jpg

Although there is some variation in the rate offered.

20160822_140247.jpg

As an idea how about we try to find the best and the worst rates on a given day. The banks are the obvious targets for the worst rate.

#4 MM

MM

Hall O Fame

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30907 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:51 AM

Looks like the prices have reached the tipping point! :P

#5 Butch

Butch

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2999 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:21 PM

I trust it was a good night out on the piss CP lol?.

#6 atlas2

atlas2

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9097 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:51 PM

Were these the streets of olde Pekin? 

#7 marleyboy

marleyboy

Senior Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:01 PM

With all the recent "turmoil"! I will be "happy" if I can get say 45 baht for a £ when Im there in September.

I do look online from time to time , at the banks rates..............but thanks for posting....much better to see the actual street rates! 

Cheers.

#8 Chang_paarp

Chang_paarp

Senior Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:19 AM

I trust it was a good night out on the piss CP lol?.

Note to self, make photos horizontal till you have software to tell computer which way is up.

#9 Chang_paarp

Chang_paarp

Senior Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:51 AM

Here is this morning's contribution, looks like the aussie peso has improved slightly.

20160823_092552.jpg

I'm off to the jungle for a couple of days so if someone else would like to keep adding to the thread it would be nice.

#10 ozboy

ozboy

Senior Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Australia

Posted 24 August 2016 - 02:40 PM

Here is this morning's contribution, looks like the aussie peso has improved slightly.

attachicon.gif20160823_092552.jpg

I'm off to the jungle for a couple of days so if someone else would like to keep adding to the thread it would be nice.

Any idea what they are SELLING USD for? as i will be wanting to buy at least $1000 worth next month.

#11 Chang_paarp

Chang_paarp

Senior Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Australia

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:24 PM

From this morning.

20160827_122700.jpg

#12 Butch

Butch

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2999 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:16 PM

+1 CP, thanks for posting this.

#13 marleyboy

marleyboy

Senior Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:48 AM

Thanks from me too!

I know can get the rates "online".............but this is much better.

Cheers for taking the time to post.

#14 Gawd Elpus

Gawd Elpus

Hall O Fame

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12983 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 29 August 2016 - 08:37 AM

Thanks for the updates CP.  I doubt that Sterling will hit 50 again for a long while, but still, it is nice to see it the right side of 45, if nothing better. But we have Brexit to thank for that. 

#15 Butch

Butch

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2999 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 29 August 2016 - 08:59 AM

Thanks for the updates CP.  I doubt that Sterling will hit 50 again for a long while, but still, it is nice to see it the right side of 45, if nothing better. But we have Brexit to thank for that. 

Along with a year high FTSE, which might be better for your pension than a temporary drop of 5 baht to the sterling in the exchange rate.

#16 jacko

jacko

Hall O Fame

• A Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36448 posts
  • Interests:Relaxing and awaiting the liberation of impotence.
  • Thailand

Posted 30 August 2016 - 01:36 AM

Along with a year high FTSE, which might be better for your pension than a temporary drop of 5 baht to the sterling in the exchange rate.

Perhaps I should sell my Thai house and take the profit in £ terms and go live back in the UK? ......No I don't think so.

According to my graph, back below 45/£ today.... that is nearly as low as it got in April 2013. That one was caused by the EU/Euro crisis.

It isn't recovering any-time soon, but, during my recent trip to UK very little was being mentioned of this and family members were still going off on overseas holidays despite the weak £.

#17 Butch

Butch

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2999 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 30 August 2016 - 09:31 AM

Perhaps I should sell my Thai house and take the profit in £ terms and go live back in the UK? ......No I don't think so.

According to my graph, back below 45/£ today.... that is nearly as low as it got in April 2013. That one was caused by the EU/Euro crisis.

It isn't recovering any-time soon, but, during my recent trip to UK very little was being mentioned of this and family members were still going off on overseas holidays despite the weak £.

Yep, people are still holidaying, but perhaps being a bit more sensible on family holidays where a lower rate would maybe have a bigger impact on the overall spend than of a single guy or couple travelling. A poor rate is a pain in the bum, but not a deal breaker as to whether to take a trip or not.

Can you recall the rock bottom figures in 2013 Jacko?. I can vaguely recall 44 / 46 in the Feb of 2013. I was there at the time and although it turned out to be my worst trip ever, the rate didn't bother me that much.

I agree that it's just a matter of riding the storm, there's nothing we can do about it anyway. 

#18 TheFiend

TheFiend

Elite Poster

• A Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6197 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:01 AM

All the Brexiteers claimed it would it would be a short term dip and it would recover..... well, at the moment there doesn't seem to be any sign of recovery.

#19 jacko

jacko

Hall O Fame

• A Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36448 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:00 PM

Yep, people are still holidaying, but perhaps being a bit more sensible on family holidays where a lower rate would maybe have a bigger impact on the overall spend than of a single guy or couple travelling. A poor rate is a pain in the bum, but not a deal breaker as to whether to take a trip or not.

Can you recall the rock bottom figures in 2013 Jacko?. I can vaguely recall 44 / 46 in the Feb of 2013. I was there at the time and although it turned out to be my worst trip ever, the rate didn't bother me that much.

I agree that it's just a matter of riding the storm, there's nothing we can do about it anyway. 

I only have the 'TT' rate off the SCB site showing 43.5 baht/£, date 23/04/2013 as my minimum, but I wasn't in the habit of recording it daily. It soon started to recover from that. A little more 'action' in the UK  might move it back up. Coincidentally, looking at Biz Class airfares on Emirates ex Manchester yesterday shows they have gone down in £! Low season I know but I thought less than last year.

#20 MM

MM

Hall O Fame

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30907 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:00 AM

Just did a transfer through Bangkok Bank and only got 34.38 for my fantasy USD funds, whereas real USD notes would have gotten 34.52 THB/USD.

I have been under the impression that the TT rate was better than anything you could get on the street by a small amount. Under that assumption, I came back to Thailand without any USD cash because I thought I'd get more via transfer.

#21 Chang_paarp

Chang_paarp

Senior Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Australia

Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:08 AM

The rates vary during the day, my interest is in the AUD (australian peso) it was offered in a 10 satang range yesterday by CC. I saw a range of over 25 satang at the different booths and the banks were worse again.
Was worse by the close of trade. Not much on 1 dollar but starts to add up when you change a couple of hundred.

20160830_131402.jpg

#22 davethailand

davethailand

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3960 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:53 PM

Anyone got the GBP latest?

I don't know whether to send a lump now or take sterling, at the moment I'll get 45.6 less commission (which isn't alot).

:)

#23 jacko

jacko

Hall O Fame

• A Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36448 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 02 September 2016 - 06:27 AM

Anyone got the GBP latest?

I don't know whether to send a lump now or take sterling, at the moment I'll get 45.6 less commission (which isn't alot).

:)

£ just bumped up yesterday.

If you plan on sending money obviously look at the SCB or Bangkok bank sites.

The cash rate at say the TT exchange places normally looks a tiny bit better, and the bank takes B500 off me as well.

Edited by jacko, 02 September 2016 - 06:27 AM.

#24 Chang_paarp

Chang_paarp

Senior Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • Australia

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:54 AM

This is the rate at TT about 30 minutes ago. I have noticed it Chang throughout the day.

20160902_153239.jpg

#25 Butch

Butch

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2999 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 02 September 2016 - 09:52 AM

Nice one CP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 310 user(s)

telmah, Jack Scagnetti, megane, travlr1134, Happy Knackers, tommyjg, JaimetheLimey, plahgat, Chilli Pepper, thetrader, thegrogmonster, LAMF, awesum4, fttrading09, THE_DRUID, PigBoy#1, seesex, losgrad, enduser, Zed, aarmitage9, brotherbuzz, stuarty, DrPat, graeme, davethailand, carling, ZARIS, short, Goldpanner, ichy2, Anfield, nffcbad, seanss, jhrawy, saints, Calii, Shuggy, cohiba1961, bobrob01, svenskyes, surry, cridlington, veill, mackers, captcraig2, Andrew19, SimplySam, kaiser71, gimmble, mister_handy, hoss21, knortyboy, zyzzkingofaesth, Chester007, dirtydawg, Counterpointing, Rickster59, GulfportBob, matthewh, goldy40, GeeMan, flighty, m_right, lellexp, rvhd, TF_Heinz, Shit_Happens, Gabor, Lucky, aguy2006, ting_tong, razraz, AllenBlue, papillon, inky13, Daveuk, fizzog3, Barcode, LasRobos, ThingsPattaya, ozerob, whittler, SeebNova, alancee, darkmancomes, Herrity1983, nozza, elche, rummi, dynasty, davee77, PoolHustler, billy69, krotti1, rich613, Gawd Elpus, gilbert, Larcar, ikkrang, braggsaw, MM, Bullfrog, Saddic, villaman, bastos60, johncowboy, laffnliv, Glynn, Inbound, SlipSlopSlap, neilri2001, _kay, pattayatalk, fatnerd, seand83, Wings, shambley, whitney, Dundas, albcs4l, cgas2, Steffe, mississippi, munda4545, n2ojones, BobRoss, katomba, LittleBell, forcebwithu, Landshark, 9cisco999, Evil Penevil, Firedude, graymatter, Al_Davis, aj, Regyai, Patna, statman208, RhinoTusk, joeaf, cbrib, trikidiki, Idefix, Olded, Chang_paarp, john5001, sparkydave, Bear194, rambler349, samaka, ricosuave, wacojacko, Arby, poshgooner, soi pig, nickman70, pattayaman, Blackwell, Rushman, senhor, expat67, Nelly, CalEden, chrisinjapan, Malzy, ttownjeff, N3RGT, tombon, stomper, flashkiwi, Porker, InCider, bigmick, luco01, hacker, fosse, eddy35, willconq66, basse45, yogi100, chippendalesam, aldo262, johnnyoz, teelack, cluster, pattysteve, yselmike, PattayaPete, Zeus, Big_Brian, larrymac90, marklotus, too_mutt, ttk, chico, PattayaMike, The_Fat_Controller, gregUK, HART1833, alexist, alanchar, mrgreenjeans, fredflint, ibnoel2, TheFiend, BeerBelly, simplelife, BigDUSA, qwerty, Alphonse, john55, bkkbob40, Bazle, dkdouglas2000, texasfarang, marxere, aussiechic, nivla, pwillia8, honeypot, grimsbyuk, Roko, maj_a_hole, Diverse, kingarthur, Odense, marz, Manganelli, Grandpollo, goldtop1, Kev, ozboy, InternationalTraveler, marleyboy, dv34917, Harvey, Indiscipline, robbo, 007cableguy, DP Gumbypgh, fast eddy, fisherman194, Catbear, MeGoDanceNow, BigusDicus, knavjord, glee, Bobbyv, Victor Lazlo, grs90, hatter, assasaintim, CyberSpud, biggles, Rawhide2, sailingbill, BILLYH, conway, mrbill2, michaelday, PATFAN, wobbly_1, greenhorn, Stan, atlas2, nkped, JONPAT, tallguy, explorer, redwood13, kingfuji, Bob Belzy, bigbadbaz, rnine, sinbinjack, aardvark, sabaidii2, bastax33, Butch, Fireman Sam, VPI78, Scottie, dheado, Siam Sam, sdgran, Gary, gs joe, jor, gkp, capdagde, midlifecrisis, js007, snowbird, maik, Britboy, keyman, priory, martini9946, parry, kuranda_bagman, yorta2, GeeGee, jacko, Billions, lounge_lizard, wacmedia, Djoi, eastoffife