Butch

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2092 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 03 May 2017 - 06:18 PM

Hi fellas

Can anyone make head or tail of the new EVA timetable out of LHR ? They seem to have suspended or stopped flights during the months of July and August in and out of LHR for some reason.

I can't seem to get a clear idea of the timetable on the website, and the old links for a .pdf download don't exist anymore.

Cheers in advance
Butch

#2 yselmike

yselmike

Senior Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 May 2017 - 09:22 PM

It happens every year it's the low season for Thailand,they don't like to send out planes half empty so they consolidate,if they have flights with only 100 bookings they cancell that flight and put them on the other half full flights.

#3 Bullfrog

Bullfrog

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2720 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 03 May 2017 - 11:32 PM

It happens every year it's the low season for Thailand,they don't like to send out planes half empty so they consolidate,if they have flights with only 100 bookings they cancell that flight and put them on the other half full flights.

Just had a little heart flutter!!!

I logged on to "Manage My Trip" and it couldn't find my booking!!!

But then I found that in my haste I had spelt my surname incorrectly.

Conclusion: Everything is showing booking confirmed..Seat selection in Premium Economy is showing 3/4 full

Flying middle August and beginning September..

Edited by Bullfrog, 03 May 2017 - 11:34 PM.

#4 Butch

Butch

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2092 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:15 AM

Ahh thanks for the explanation. I'm looking at dates in July, it seems that EVA have cancelled Thursday outwards flights from LHR for a large percentage of the month. Prices are a bit on the ridiculous side as well, might have to look elsewhere.

#5 Butch

Butch

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2092 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:10 PM

As an update, I spoke to EVA today and they pretty much confirmed the above, along with a rotational maintenance schedule as they have some planes in "D" Check apparently.

I managed to get the dates I wanted, although it came at a price  :banghead  :cry1 

#6 Gus

Gus

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2056 posts
  • England

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:00 AM

Do not be afraid to fly Thai if you can get a good price.

I always used Eva but their flights were always very very busy so I gave Thai a try and I was not disappointed at all.

#7 Goldpanner

Goldpanner

Senior Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Interests:Working on the Big Bang theory. Once upon a time there was nothing.....which exploded??
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:22 AM

Do not be afraid to fly Thai if you can get a good price.

I always used Eva but their flights were always very very busy so I gave Thai a try and I was not disappointed at all.

But on my last two trips to Thailand the TG flights have been packed !! and I go low season too

#8 Butch

Butch

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2092 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:59 AM

But on my last two trips to Thailand the TG flights have been packed !! and I go low season too

Yep Thai all booked up and the prices coming in at £200+ more than the EVA equivalent. I very nearly wavered and cashed in my Avios miles to go with BA but I'd rather book myself an upgrade on a BA flight so it is half way decent than ever fly Econ with them.

#9 Goldpanner

Goldpanner

Senior Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Interests:Working on the Big Bang theory. Once upon a time there was nothing.....which exploded??
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:22 AM

if flights are showing as heavily booked the fares will always go up. But as mentioned thats usually because the big comanies see a demand and take out HUGE allocations.

For my flight in Oct/November I will wait untill the allocations get dropped and the prices will fall. I will expect to pay around the £400- £450 for a Thai flight then.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 68 user(s)

beefos, shamcurtin, dheado, bkkbob40, kuranda_bagman, short, SimplySam, hahimi, razraz, N3RGT, svenskyes, Scottie, conway, Olded, dream1302, robbo, Odense, goldtop1, stuarty, Mi Papa, nkped, TheFiend, Gus, js007, tallguy, wacmedia, keyman, priory, monkeyman, bastax33, helloitsme, ozboy, redwood13, syd_tybil, hacker, stomper, gkp, john55, Dave, inky13, Anfield, fosse, Goldpanner, twitter, Chang_paarp, yselmike, Bullfrog, BigDUSA, PigBoy#1, willconq66, lounge_lizard, fizzog3, Fireman Sam, neilri2001, marleyboy, grs90, Butch, beerboy, rnine, Bazle, firth1974, jacko, CyberSpud, kingfuji, Big_Brian, telmah, explorer, Steptoe