Butch

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2092 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:45 PM

Hi,

As a bit of an angle on the "TV" show thread, I'd ask who is your favourite film / TV Actor / Actress and why?.

For me it's Gene Hackman, he's versatile and is just so strong in some of his roles, noteably in "Unforgiven" where I thought he played an equivalent lead. I also enjoyed his comedic performance in "Get Shorty" and his character in "Enemy of the State". Although I don't deliberately go out of my way to see him in a film, I tend to rest assured that anything he is in is actually going to be half decent.

My favourite Actress is Helen Mirren, simply for her performance on the UK TV show "Prime Suspect".

I'm pretty undecided on "TV" actors. Bernard Hill in "Boys from the Blackstuff" (UK TV series about the state of the UK in the 80's) still sticks in my mind as an epic and powerful performance, but anything he does from there on in will always be compared to it. Truthfully, there are far too many for me to pick one out.

#2 Samsonite

Samsonite

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3679 posts
  • United States

Posted Today, 03:50 PM

Grace Park on "Hawaii 5-O." Not bad for an Asian/American/Canadian woman in her early 40s.

Other than that, I haven't kept up on the more recent generation of actors and actresses.

IMHO, there is very little on TV or even in the movies worth watching these days. Most of

it is dark, deviant trash.

Edited by Samsonite, Today, 03:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 26 user(s)

Butch, chrisinjapan, Patna, marleyboy, yogi100, keyman, kuranda_bagman, jacko, Bullfrog, short, Fireman Sam, MM, buck22, redwood13, Siam Sam, LasRobos, nkped, Scottie, rnine, Landshark, Big_Brian, GeeGee, Samsonite, TheFiend, mrgreenjeans, gs joe