starbuck1968

New Poster

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:09 AM

Hi All,

I am planning my first visit to Pattaya and am going to be travelling alone.  I have been wanting to go there for quite a while and am looking to take in as much as I can during my 10 night stay.  Yes, I am planning to visit Walking Street and Soi 6 and it would be helpful getting some advise on do's and dont's, but I want to see other things to, so would like to know what places to visit.

#2 js007

js007

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4892 posts
  • United States

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:24 PM

My advice is to do your research, but don't make any plans. On my first trip had had all sorts of things planned. Within one day the entire itinerary was in the trash can. It's better to just let things happen.

Edited by js007, 22 June 2017 - 10:58 PM.

#3 rnine

rnine

Advanced Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Wales

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:34 PM

Good advice from js007.
It's not gonna be your last trip to Pattaya. But, the first is normally the best trip for so many reasons no amount of planning will account for.
I will say to keep your wits about you. Use common sense in every situation. And if travelling alone, read the forum and visit some of the recommended bars to meet some like minded punters in the first few days.
Enjoy....

#4 gs joe

gs joe

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4000 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:05 PM

your first small issue is finding the best way for you to get to your Pattaya hotel from the airport,

lots of good recommendations in the travel section,
print off the address and take it with you , incase you need to use the taxi rank ,

Joe

#5 teelack

teelack

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9818 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:08 PM

You are already half way there. You found this forum and asked the question. There is so much to learn about Pattaya just by reading the various topics, taking notes and asking even more questions. There is up to date information on taxis, bars, restaurants, gogo bars etc. I did exactly this when I went to Pattaya and Phuket first time and it made life so much easier. As someone else said, don't worry if you miss something. You will be back.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

#6 mrbill2

mrbill2

Advanced Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • Interests:sex and booze ? MEETING GOOD PEOPLE & HAVING A BLOODY GOOD TIME ANYWHERE ANYTIME .......
  • Australia

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:00 PM

Good day mate,

my advice is just follow your nose, 

you can't go wrong  ..

#7 Butch

Butch

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2992 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:56 PM

Dates?.

#8 yorta2

yorta2

Super Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1245 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:05 AM

And, never het into a disagreement with a Thai (male or female).

#9 short

short

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5622 posts
  • United States

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:31 AM

Spend a few nights in Bangkok.

#10 yogi100

yogi100

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2052 posts
  • England

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:24 AM

POPULAR

Don't tell a Thai girl (or lady boy if that's your buzz) that it's your first time in Pattaya for obvious reasons as they'll see you as being ripe for the picking.

Don't get lumbered with the first girl who you get intimate with and do not give them you contact details like home phone numbers or email addresses. Unless of course you're really smitten with her. You may have heard of the Three Day Rule, there again ignore it if you really like the girl concerned.

Don't entertain a girl who starts giving you 'sick papa' stories.

When you visit a bar especially a gogo bar check your bill after each drink. It's low season now and some bar staff are really feeling the pinch. I've caught 'em out on two occasions in the last fortnight trying to rip me off over the number of lady drinks I've bought, once for 200 baht and once for 300 baht (5 and 7 quid) Both times in gogo bars in a small L shaped street called LK Metro, an entertainment area smaller and less expensive than the famous Walking Street.

However sweet one of these floozies may appear to be never forget that she is on the game and she is only interested in your money.

20 baht (50p) is a good tip. They'll think no more of you if you throw your money about they'll just take you for a cnut. The same as brasses all over the world will.

300 baht a day is the normal minimum wage. 10,000 baht a month is what most of the girls get paid in an straight job with just 2 or 3 days off a month.

Get a card from your hotel when you go out so you can find your way back again.

Secure your cash,ticket and passport.

Don't get drunk.

If you bring cash change the vast bulk of your money up when you get to Pattaya in the yellow booths. Not banks or at the airport, you'll see why on the boards where they quote their exchange rates. And definitely not at Heathrow nor any UK airport.

Don't pay your room up in advance in case you want to check out,

Do not hire jet skis, motor bikes or cars.

Enjoy your trip.

Edited by yogi100, 23 June 2017 - 04:04 AM.

#11 starbuck1968

starbuck1968

New Poster

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2017 - 03:57 AM

I was planning to go between October and January, which I know are considered high season.  I have also been told about not getting into arguments, unless you wanna find yourself surrounded and I hear the police there are not so friendly to foreigners.  One thing I have heard is that prices tend to fluctuate depending on the time of day (or night) you head off and that some locations (like Soi 6) can be quite persistent, even aggressive, when trying to get you into their bar.  From what I can tell, the Beach Road side of Walking Street seems to be the most popular end for tourists, but is full of freelancers and scam artists.

#12 Kev

Kev

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2194 posts
  • Australia

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:09 AM

Relax, enjoy and go with the flow, don't plan nothing as mentioned previously.

#13 Bob Belzy

Bob Belzy

Junior Poster

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:55 AM

The only ones that get close to aggressive on Soi 6 are the katoey (ladyboys), as for the real girls, unless you try to rip them off or (try to) run off without paying your bar bill no ploblems.

• Everything is available at the right price, so don't be shy of trying the pretty ones.
  • If you see a girl you like and you're ready to play, pounce now. If you come back later she may have gone. But same time don't grab the first one you see.
  • Best not to get plastered and chase pussy at the same time, because you'll more likely end up blowing your wallet rather than your wad.
  • The final rule is the 'three day' rule. Avoid going with the same girl for more than three days or risk getting involved far deeper than you probably want to. Unfortunately I almost always break this rule.

#14 Goldpanner

Goldpanner

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1699 posts
  • Interests:There some really..... REALLY dumb cunts on this forum.
  • United Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:22 AM

My advice? walk around the bars. The worst thing is when you find a Miss world, pay the Bar fine and walk off arm in arm.

THEN

20 yards down the road you reaise that your Miss world was Miss world 5 years ago and theres a Bar full of girls a lot prettier. and so it goes.

DO NOT FORGET THE CONDOMS, MOUTHWASH !!AND REHYDRATION PACKS.

#15 Salight

Salight

New Poster

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Romania

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:06 AM

Get enaught money with u and plan your trip via internet! ))

#16 Butch

Butch

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2992 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:22 PM

Yogi's post is pretty much spot on.

October is the late end of low season and a great time to visit, although it might rain for a bit, and the sois and other roads like Bukhao can get flooded (look for youtube videos of rain in pattaya).

Cash not travellers cheques, and stow it away locked in your case because the staff can get access to the in room safes.

Don't be afraid to tell a girl you don't like her, usually the ugly ones tend to ping the new guys as they enter the bars, the last thing you want is some troll hanging off your arm costing a fortune in LD's. Just ask her to leave, they get it all the time.

Pack loperimide (although it is available from the pharmacies very cheaply - get it while you're there) and when (not if) you get the shits take 2 immediatley followed by 1 every couple of hours. keep it going until your gut gets used to it. brush teeth with bottled water, but you'll get the shits from the ice they put into your drinks or the water they dilute the draft beer with. Change to western food for a few days if you've been eating Thai.

Central festival always has toilet paper in the toilets, otherwise you have to buy it out of a machine if you're in Royal Garden (I think, it's a long time since I took a shit in there). Same goes for all the 5 baht "public" toilets down the Sois.

Try to keep your wits about you for the first few days at least while you get an idea of the place.

You might get an ear infection if you shower a lot, this is due to microbes in the water, as a tip I always pack cotton wool and add some vaseline around it and stick it in my ears when showering , either that or earplugs.

Have fun and enjoy.

#17 Siam Sam

Siam Sam

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5618 posts
  • Interests:Asian girls, travel, reading, music, writing, beer, collecting books/CDs/DVDs, philosophy, literature, religion, conspiracy theories, gastronomy and fine wine, long walks, profound talks about metaphysics, philosophy, eschatology, religion and cosmology, ticking things off my bucket list and living everyday like the last.
  • England

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:39 PM

Hi All,

I am planning my first visit to Pattaya and am going to be travelling alone.  I have been wanting to go there for quite a while and am looking to take in as much as I can during my 10 night stay.  Yes, I am planning to visit Walking Street and Soi 6 and it would be helpful getting some advise on do's and dont's, but I want to see other things to, so would like to know what places to visit.

If it's your first time and you're staying in Pattaya the whole time and not going elsewhere then my advice is not to plan anything because the plans won't happen. You'll be too busy drinking and shagging. On your first day, draw out five thousand baht and head for somewhere like the Ruby Club on Soi 6. You'll work the rest out on your own. If you lack confidence and you don't think you have the balls for that then meet up with a regular from the forums - there's loads of people out there that like taking newbies under their wing for a few days and it's so easy to arrange a meet up.......

#18 cbrib

cbrib

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1536 posts
  • Interests:Life
  • Thailand

Posted 30 June 2017 - 04:40 PM

Just remember, planning is essential and plans are useless

#19 Goldpanner

Goldpanner

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1699 posts
  • Interests:There some really..... REALLY dumb cunts on this forum.
  • United Kingdom

Posted 30 June 2017 - 04:49 PM

I plan meticulously then 20 seconds after  Isit in the first beer bar the plans go out the window.

#20 Chester007

Chester007

Senior Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts
  • Canada

Posted 01 July 2017 - 06:22 AM

Planning is what we do  to keep our selves busy when we are waiting to get back or go the first time. The plans we've made on our first day are just about impossible to keep. Just a small sample. Last trip I wanted to shag 3 rock stars from Soi 6. 2 were long long time fined. The other I find out is only a drink slut. Then the King died. That happened on my 3rd day but first day in Pattaya after a BKK stay of a few nights. 

#21 jimmymook

jimmymook

New Poster

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:12 AM

Spend a few nights in Bangkok.

or dont, shitty tourist trap. you might as well fuck off to blackpool

#22 keyman

keyman

Super Poster

• A Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1077 posts
  • England

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:18 AM

Thank you for your enlightening first post. Welcome to the forum and we hope that all your future posts are as informative as this one

KM

#23 accyboy

accyboy

Advanced Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:29 AM

Lol KM ....

#24 jimmymook

jimmymook

New Poster

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:32 AM

lol km? grow up

pattaya pisses all over bangkok

#25 jacko

jacko

Hall O Fame

• A Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36348 posts
  • Interests:Relaxing and awaiting the liberation of impotence.
  • Thailand

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:43 PM

Wouldn't agree. Bangkok is a must do for a first time or relatively new tourist, plenty to do and see.

Always used to spend 2-3 nights there when I came into Thailand in my early days, then later was travelling straight through to Pattaya.

Even now, living in Pattaya, I like to go for a couple of nights in Bangkok, see the old haunts, have a night out.

Variety, spice of life and all that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 151 user(s)

CyberSpud, glee, dkdouglas2000, Dm1980, sub432, nkped, kuranda_bagman, tar, pattayatalk, ttk, marxere, pattysteve, piperp, PattayaPete, sabaidii2, bastax33, sailingbill, Chang_paarp, hjr, bkkbob40, Counterpointing, grs90, Bob Belzy, starbuck1968, TF_Heinz, marleyboy, brotherbuzz, Siam Sam, cbrib, mrgreenjeans, teelack, Chester007, ttownjeff, telmah, kingfuji, PigBoy#1, plahgat, Zeus, Shuggy, Salight, Steffe, Top_Cat, mississippi, shambley, eastoffife, harrison161, Psudonym, iampaulxxx3, Bullfrog, js007, short, Dave, Evil Penevil, SlipSlopSlap, bigbadbaz, MM, fredflint, knavjord, Rainville, Barcode, Calii, Chris100UK, jimmymook, losgrad, PATFAN, Red Arrow, stuarty, eddy35, mahpah, hacker, lounge_lizard, yaounde1, gasbroker, tolstitree, GeeGee, awesum4, dheado, Gary, Kev, 9cisco999, aguy2006, Firedude, Billions, Bazle, fast eddy, west1, atlas2, LBJ, midlifecrisis, yogi100, Goldpanner, flashkiwi, rnine, InternationalTraveler, Harvey, Scottie, welshbrah, bruiser, yorta2, conway, InCider, james_coffee, snowbird, mrbill2, Butch, spring123, Firepole, chriscringle, lukeinasia, BritishPhil, katomba, Myth_111, maik, TheFiend, Catbear, keyman, robbo, aldo262, goldtop1, fizzog3, too_mutt, tallguy, jacko, jor, Fireman Sam, redwood13, LasRobos, Big_Brian, tommyjg, gs joe, The_Fat_Controller, BILLYH, landy2a, ozboy, fisherman194, laffnliv, marz, capdagde, martini9946, Nightrider, qwerty, BigDUSA, mckerral85, john55, LittleBell, sinbinjack, parry, JohnLogieBaird, navy7575, Chester007, frankie8