Photo
- - - - -

Premier League 2017-18

Winners ?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Premier League winners

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Who will win it ?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 midlifecrisis

midlifecrisis

Hall O Fame

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12742 posts
  • United States

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:11 PM

Hi,

Rinus Michels and Alex Ferguson probably got lots of Dutch and Scottish managers of mediocre quality jobs in the top leagues. Owners think " is this guy the next Michels or Ferguson " ? Usually they are not. Bilic is a dead man walking IMO.

Bilic and WH got a big win at home so a reprieve for now.

#27 wacmedia

wacmedia

Hall O Fame

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10622 posts
  • Interests:Wine,women and fast horses
  • Eritrea

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:59 PM

Bilic and WH got a big win at home so a reprieve for now.

Hi,

A temporary reprieve I'd guess.

#28 wacmedia

wacmedia

Hall O Fame

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10622 posts
  • Eritrea

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:37 AM

Hi,

Chelsea v Arsenal is the game of the weekend. Chelsea have done well since their first day defeat and look likely winners. Man Utd are hot favs to beat Everton who seem out of sorts. West Ham might be worth a little bet on the AH after winning last week against a West Brom side who lost last week. Watford have started well but have a tough game v City. I'll be interested to see how Huddersfield do against Leicester.

#29 midlifecrisis

midlifecrisis

Hall O Fame

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12742 posts
  • United States

Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:45 AM

Hi,

Chelsea v Arsenal is the game of the weekend. Chelsea have done well since their first day defeat and look likely winners. Man Utd are hot favs to beat Everton who seem out of sorts. West Ham might be worth a little bet on the AH after winning last week against a West Brom side who lost last week. Watford have started well but have a tough game v City. I'll be interested to see how Huddersfield do against Leicester.

Um, what is your record on what will be the game of the weekend? We should keep score. I have it as 0-1 but may have missed previous prognostications prior to last week.

#30 wacmedia

wacmedia

Hall O Fame

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10622 posts
  • Eritrea

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:33 AM

Um, what is your record on what will be the game of the weekend? We should keep score. I have it as 0-1 but may have missed previous prognostications prior to last week.

Hi,

I feel these are games which will have an impact on winners/demoted of the League rather than being the most entertaining. 

#31 wacmedia

wacmedia

Hall O Fame

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10622 posts
  • Eritrea

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:35 AM

Hi,

Arsenal get a deserved point at Chelsea. City and United get large wins. Huddersfield are unlucky not to beat Leicester and look to have a great chance to still be in the Premier League next year.

#32 midlifecrisis

midlifecrisis

Hall O Fame

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12742 posts
  • United States

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:43 PM

Hi,

Arsenal get a deserved point at Chelsea. City and United get large wins. Huddersfield are unlucky not to beat Leicester and look to have a great chance to still be in the Premier League next year.

Didn't get the Chelsea/Arsenal match here in the States which was disappointing. Manchester United must get better ratings.

#33 midlifecrisis

midlifecrisis

Hall O Fame

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12742 posts
  • United States

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:46 PM

Hi,

I feel these are games which will have an impact on winners/demoted of the League rather than being the most entertaining. 

A good point. There are some real head scratchers.

Crystal Palace has not even scored a goal. Right now 8 teams at or within a point of the bottom 3.

Huddersfield, Burnley and Newcastle doing better than I expected but it's early. Just the first month.

#34 midlifecrisis

midlifecrisis

Hall O Fame

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12742 posts
  • United States

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:13 PM

Wayne Rooney pleads guilty. Asks not to be given community service (he says he does enough for charity already). Is given 100 hours of community service.

https://www.thesun.c...-simpson-latest

#35 wacmedia

wacmedia

Hall O Fame

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10622 posts
  • Eritrea

Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:04 PM

Didn't get the Chelsea/Arsenal match here in the States which was disappointing. Manchester United must get better ratings.

Hi,

Man Utd have massive support all over the World. I feel they get a little help from their friends in times of crisis. It's in no ones interest financially that they are not in the shake up. Money talks.

#36 wacmedia

wacmedia

Hall O Fame

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10622 posts
  • Eritrea

Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:11 PM

A good point. There are some real head scratchers.

Crystal Palace has not even scored a goal. Right now 8 teams at or within a point of the bottom 3.

Huddersfield, Burnley and Newcastle doing better than I expected but it's early. Just the first month.

Hi,

Palace must have been a massive price to have no points/goals at this stage. Roy Hodgson is not popular in the media after Englands defeat to Iceland. They could struggle. Brighton are even money to stay up(not for me) Huddersfield are 8/15 to stay up. Thats tempting even though you get little value in stay up/relegation markets.

#37 midlifecrisis

midlifecrisis

Hall O Fame

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12742 posts
  • United States

Posted 19 September 2017 - 02:19 PM

Hi,

Palace must have been a massive price to have no points/goals at this stage. Roy Hodgson is not popular in the media after Englands defeat to Iceland. They could struggle. Brighton are even money to stay up(not for me) Huddersfield are 8/15 to stay up. Thats tempting even though you get little value in stay up/relegation markets.

Did not know that regarding Hodgson's popularity. The odds you shared are interesting as I forgot about sports betting in the UK. Here you have to basically go to Vegas, Reno, Tahoe, etc. I am not sure if it is allowed in Atlantic City.

"In the United States of America, it is illegal to operate a betting scheme, except in Nevada, Oregon, Delaware, and Montana. In many European nations, bookmaking (the profession of accepting sports wagers) is regulated but not criminalized."

#38 wacmedia

wacmedia

Hall O Fame

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10622 posts
  • Eritrea

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:10 PM

Did not know that regarding Hodgson's popularity. The odds you shared are interesting as I forgot about sports betting in the UK. Here you have to basically go to Vegas, Reno, Tahoe, etc. I am not sure if it is allowed in Atlantic City.

"In the United States of America, it is illegal to operate a betting scheme, except in Nevada, Oregon, Delaware, and Montana. In many European nations, bookmaking (the profession of accepting sports wagers) is regulated but not criminalized."

Hi,

Betting is legal in UK. Most people have no problems but a minority get addicted to what are called "FOBT's" and sometimes wreck the machines.One can see people(mainly Chinese) with thousands of pounds credit on a machine and a few minutes later they have lost the lot !

#39 wacmedia

wacmedia

Hall O Fame

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10622 posts
  • Eritrea

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:59 AM

Hi,

I backed West Ham for the first time last week and they won me a little money. I'm going to have another go this week as they play hot favs Spurs. They are around evens with a goal on the AH and 1/2 with a 1.5 start. Not a great round of games otherwise.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Winners ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 26 user(s)

marz, pattysteve, papillon, wombat51, Nightrider, Siam Sam, Bullfrog, lou62, fast eddy, Pumpuynarak, rnine, gs joe, awesum4, tallguy, robbo, Scottie, keyman, maik, midlifecrisis, wacmedia, Andrew19, lounge_lizard, jacko, redwood13, MM, Hawkey