#2 teelack

teelack

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9197 posts
  • New Zealand

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:29 PM

I simply wish that I understood the rules. All the airlines that I fly on tell me that I have to turn on flight mode or turn off the phone. The only exception for me has been Emirates which gave me a free sample and then wanted to charge me for the service. Perhaps this service is more made for people in the US? 

#3 Butch

Butch

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2344 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:12 PM

EVA Wifi is hackable. Alledgedly.

#4 nkped

nkped

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4445 posts
  • Interests:Military history, scuba, Nebraska football
  • United States

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:34 PM

Switching to flight mode turns off the wifi, at least on an android. However, while in flight mode, you can turn the wifi back on.

#5 jacko

jacko

Hall O Fame

• A Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33382 posts
  • Interests:Relaxing and awaiting the liberation of impotence.
  • Thailand

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:48 PM

I simply wish that I understood the rules. All the airlines that I fly on tell me that I have to turn on flight mode or turn off the phone. The only exception for me has been Emirates which gave me a free sample and then wanted to charge me for the service. Perhaps this service is more made for people in the US? 

It's free in Biz now on Emirates.

Internet access is on and off a bit during the flights depending on where we are flying over.

After updating a few things I put the phone away, find a film to watch and ping for a Drambuie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 60 user(s)

Regyai, dream1302, graymatter, grs90, Bazle, BigusDicus, Billions, rnine, firth1974, goldtop1, short, The_Fat_Controller, wacojacko, pattysteve, jor, redwood13, 4niceight, Glynn, CyberSpud, ozboy, PattayaPete, helloitsme, JONPAT, teelack, Zeus, Chang_paarp, Catbear, gs joe, cannonball83204, glee, ttk, Big_Brian, Evil Penevil, telmah, Brown1950, bkkbob40, jacko, Bullfrog, midlifecrisis, 4wheels, TheFiend, MM, explorer, nkped, ichy2, Fireman Sam, marleyboy, joeaf, sub432, shamcurtin, Rainville, lounge_lizard, GeeGee, Bear194, marxere, Butch, Gus, travlr1134, keyman, Firepole