• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#51 jacko

jacko

Hall O Fame

• A Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33614 posts
  • Interests:Relaxing and awaiting the liberation of impotence.
  • Thailand

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:23 AM

I feel your pain with this incident, I’ve been lucky with lightening only ever lost a modem in ten plus years of renting/owning houses here.

Surprised the ink was still visible or readable on your receipt jacko, always a bug bear of mine in Thailand. Always promise myself to take a photo of receipts after buying something new, but never get round to it.

Like the quote “the tv is not for you it a smart tv” 555.

Regards

Yes the printed receipts that come out of the tills here do fade off pretty quickly, it is a conspiracy!

Now I am looking for somewhere to take a few items to be fixed, electronics. I have one item at Numchai already, hopefully to be fixed free under the extended warranty I got there. As to others, well I read some negatives about both Numchai and Samsung service centre being rip-offs. The latter isn't a great place to park and carry a bloody great TV in either!

I was experimenting with my pad and using wireless connect to use my TV as a display (only supported on Win 8.1 and 10), but the time lag when using a wireless keyboard is annoying, and the pad's little processor is struggling with all the work. My  Win 7 laptop, with the fried HDMI,, well I will try a VGA to HDMI convertor. I set that up for a friend once and it worked OK... just not sure it will work for UHDTV. Might be a new laptop yet!!!

So, I need a good repair place, easy to park and load and fair and reliable. So leave Tukcom, Samsung and Numchai out (or tell me I am wrong!). I have heard rumour of a paraplegic guy up Nerm Plab Wan who does mainly TVs. I got 1 TV, 1  Home theatre and a cheapo DVD player I would like to get fixed for not too much.

Recommendations appreciated.

Edited by jacko, 14 October 2017 - 12:29 AM.

#52 TheFiend

TheFiend

Elite Poster

• A Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5641 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:48 AM

I used to get sent to other countries to go fix them! More than a few times!

Where are you on this early retirement option you mentioned some months back?

Just biding my time.... I've already set a date on which I'm going to retire if the expected job cuts don't happen, but the job cuts will happen and it's  just a matter of when. They've already stated 3000 roles will be lost, probably starting in about 2 years time.... 

I'm busy banking credit time as well, each extra shift I work now is one shift less at the end. With carry-over leave added to that total I'm already finishing 2 months earlier than my target date.

#53 midlifecrisis

midlifecrisis

Hall O Fame

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12984 posts
  • United States

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:59 AM

Just biding my time.... I've already set a date on which I'm going to retire if the expected job cuts don't happen, but the job cuts will happen and it's  just a matter of when. They've already stated 3000 roles will be lost, probably starting in about 2 years time.... 

I'm busy banking credit time as well, each extra shift I work now is one shift less at the end. With carry-over leave added to that total I'm already finishing 2 months earlier than my target date.

What I did before retirement was to stack as much vacation time as I could until I hit the max allowed by the company. I strategically used what would be lost with partial days off. That was over 350 hours they had to pay me when I quit. No layoff in my group or for me.

They did not give us a payout for unused sick leave, which I rarely used in all of those years. That would have been a small fortune.

If I could I worked holidays at double time. 

Banked as much as I could.

You seem to have a solid plan.

Edited by midlifecrisis, 14 October 2017 - 01:00 AM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 84 user(s)

syd_tybil, InternationalTraveler, Bazle, chrisinjapan, veill, Bar4, rnine, assasaintim, willconq66, ichy2, helloitsme, Gawd Elpus, Bear194, goldtop1, gs joe, mrbill2, losgrad, drzaz, pattysteve, yorta2, ttk, SlipSlopSlap, bkkbob40, kuranda_bagman, GREEN MALAKA, statman208, N3RGT, explorer, yogi100, Bushcraft, JONPAT, Gary, short, Pumpuynarak, Scottie, Grandpollo, trikidiki, GeeGee, biggles, 4niceight, nkped, Regyai, beechnut3, LBJ, Big_Brian, Lantern, PattayaPete, Dungheap, sailingbill, fast eddy, Harvey, Butch, keyman, grs90, Billions, Kev, soi23, BigusDicus, jor, bastax33, LasRobos, atlas2, conway, Chang_paarp, papillon, Idefix, InCider, mrlasvegas, Bob Belzy, VPI78, midlifecrisis, MM, tallguy, redwood13, forcebwithu, TheFiend, js007, wacmedia, laffnliv, jacko, fosse, BigDUSA, Fireman Sam, lounge_lizard