Photo

Harvey Weinstein sexual harassment matter Thank you for visiting us!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jomtienguy

jomtienguy

New Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Afghanistan

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:40 PM

Man proposes sex to woman. She can accept or refuse. I think most women are simply waiting for this very offer and then can accept or refuse. So what's the big deal if that's all it is? What do you think?

#2 midlifecrisis

midlifecrisis

Hall O Fame

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13689 posts
  • United States

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:37 PM

Man proposes sex to woman. She can accept or refuse. I think most women are simply waiting for this very offer and then can accept or refuse. So what's the big deal if that's all it is? What do you think?

There was a rape investigation by police that was dropped before. There was pressure years ago by Crowe and Damon for a publication to drop this story.

I don't care if a guy asks for sex. Was sex a tool of coercion - you won't work for me or in this town if you don't put out?

I don't think it was as simple as just asking for sex. Apparently. like Trump, there is a tape with him admitting to groping. That is sexual assault.

He's a pig. He lost his job. The era of the casting couch is dead.

#3 js007

js007

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4590 posts
  • United States

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:23 AM

It wouldn't be a big deal except that the guy was a powerful producer and he was hitting on all the good looking actresses, many of whom were just starting their careers. They might have felt pressured to say yes or risk losing work. 

Anyway, I'm sure he had no money shortage and could have had an entire harem of sugar babies.  Now he's in trouble. 

#4 midlifecrisis

midlifecrisis

Hall O Fame

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13689 posts
  • United States

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:43 AM

It wouldn't be a big deal except that the guy was a powerful producer and he was hitting on all the good looking actresses, many of whom were just starting their careers. They might have felt pressured to say yes or risk losing work. 

Anyway, I'm sure he had no money shortage and could have had an entire harem of sugar babies.  Now he's in trouble. 

Politically awkward for Democrats, HW raised lots of money for them. They are all scurrying to denounce him now but I haven't heard of many sending the money back. I think Chuck Schumer has given the money to charity.

Apparently from the clips I saw on TV today, it was an open joke in Hollywood for a long time. At the 2013 Oscar Nominations show, after announcing the nominees for Best Supporting Actress, Seth MacFarlane said, 

"Congratulations to you five ladies never have to pretend to be attracted to Harvey Weinstein".

Then there was this on 30 Rock:

Actress Jenna Maroney (Jane Krakowski) could always be counted on for a random tidbit about her past with celebrities - there were jokes about how she dated O.J. Simpson or was engaged to David Blaine.

In a March 2012 episode, Jenna was furious that "Weird Al" Yankovic was parodying one of her songs.

Her co-star, Tracy Jordan (Tracy Morgan), tells her that it's a bad idea to mess with Weird Al.

"Oh please, I'm not afraid of anyone in show business," Jenna says. "I turned down intercourse with Harvey Weinstein on no less than three occasions. Out of five."

A lot of smoke was out there but it was mostly laughed off although I read the HW was pissed and threatening toward Entourage:

- "Entourage"

The HBO comedy/Hollywood parody had a brief but memorable arc in the mid-2000s with a character named "Harvey Weingard," an over-the-top terrifying producer who was a very loosely veiled version of Weinstein. (The Hollywood Reporter reported that Weinstein was initially not a fan, and told star Kevin Connolly that the producers were "dead" if they mentioned him again.)

On the show, Harvey was portrayed as an extremely influential, verbally abusive power player who threatened to end people's careers if he didn't get his way - he went ballistic on Vince (Adrien Grenier) and the guys when they changed their minds about a movie deal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 39 user(s)

mrbill2, TheFiend, yorta2, midlifecrisis, snowbird, jacko, VPI78, tallguy, sailingbill, MrMango, Big_Brian, JONPAT, Saddic, atlas2, MM, PattayaPete, jomtienguy, redwood13, keyman, js007, Olded, travlr1134, Butch, nus01, statman208, short, SlipSlopSlap, nkped, graymatter, BigusDicus, bastax33, LasRobos, landy2a, lounge_lizard, laffnliv, inky13, ZARIS, Counterpointing, Atticus