nkped

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4563 posts
  • Interests:Military history, scuba, Nebraska football
  • United States

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:15 AM

Went to immigration to do my 90 day report this afternoon as I figured it was the only day it would not be insane this week.  Perhaps, but it was busy enough.

The young lady at the front counter only asked what I wanted to do and gave me a number rather than pre-checking my paperwork.

There were fifteen ahead of me at counter #4 but things moved along quickly.  The officer checked my TM.47, and then scanned the last blue receipt.  If that was from the last 90 day report, that was interesting because it would have been before the first of the year thanks to out of country travel and my most recent extension.  She looked at the TM.6, checked something in the computer and gave me a new blue receipt and all of my copies of the lease, passport pages and TM.6.  

I think I will still take my copies next time.

#2 RhinoTusk

RhinoTusk

Super Poster

• Major Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1460 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:48 AM

I always use registered mail

#3 forcebwithu

forcebwithu

Senior Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:05 AM

Went to immigration to do my 90 day report this afternoon as I figured it was the only day it would not be insane this week.  Perhaps, but it was busy enough.

The young lady at the front counter only asked what I wanted to do and gave me a number rather than pre-checking my paperwork.

There were fifteen ahead of me at counter #4 but things moved along quickly.  The officer checked my TM.47, and then scanned the last blue receipt.  If that was from the last 90 day report, that was interesting because it would have been before the first of the year thanks to out of country travel and my most recent extension.  She looked at the TM.6, checked something in the computer and gave me a new blue receipt and all of my copies of the lease, passport pages and TM.6.  

I think I will still take my copies next time.

I was there this morning to first pick up my passport with a new extension to stay, and then do my 90 day report. Getting the passport back was quick, but close to an hour wait until my number came up for the 90 day report. Usually in and out in minutes, but wasn't surprised by the delay today given yesterday was a holiday and another closure coming up on the 26th.

I've been several times now for the 90 day report with just the bar coded receipt. Never been asked for copies of anything, so don't bother anymore. Wish we didn't have to jump through the 90 day report hoop, but have to say since the introduction of the bar coded receipt it's been relatively quick and painless.

#4 Bushcraft

Bushcraft

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1980 posts
  • Interests:Military history, martial arts, missionary work
  • Thailand

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:26 AM

I just take my passport for 90-day reporting too. Last time in early October I timed it right and was in and out in just 3 minutes. 

#5 Idefix

Idefix

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3312 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:46 AM

I made my report online Tuesday at 11:59 and then went out for lunch.
When I came back about 1 hour later,  my report had been approved already  B)

#6 tallguy

tallguy

Senior Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:16 AM

My attempt at using the online system failed this time. I don't think I have managed to use it for two successive reports yet.
Visited Soi 5 today around 11am and surpriaed that were just over 40 people in front of me and only one guy on the desk. However, he was getting through the work pretty quickly and the wait was around 45-50 mins.

#7 jacko

jacko

Hall O Fame

• A Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34157 posts
  • Interests:Relaxing and awaiting the liberation of impotence.
  • Thailand

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:51 AM

My attempt at using the online system failed this time. I don't think I have managed to use it for two successive reports yet.
Visited Soi 5 today around 11am and surpriaed that were just over 40 people in front of me and only one guy on the desk. However, he was getting through the work pretty quickly and the wait was around 45-50 mins.

Did well to get done before lunch break.

#8 tallguy

tallguy

Senior Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:16 PM

Did well to get done before lunch break.

Yup, a guy who lives in my building came in a little bit later and he was getting a bit twitchy as the clock moved towards midday. However, it looked as though they were dealing with everyone who had been given tickets before taking their break.

#9 jacko

jacko

Hall O Fame

• A Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34157 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:44 PM

Yup, a guy who lives in my building came in a little bit later and he was getting a bit twitchy as the clock moved towards midday. However, it looked as though they were dealing with everyone who had been given tickets before taking their break.

On a busy day they sometimes turn people away at 11, or sooner, and say come back after lunch.

Anyhow, thanks for update, mine to do in a week or two, then the dreaded extension renewal soon after...... :yikes:

#10 jacko

jacko

Hall O Fame

• A Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34157 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:16 AM

In and out of immigration in 15 minutes this morning at about 10am,

Retirement Extension.. pick up passport Wednesday morning.

It took me longer to find somewhere to park....

Stelllar service...be polite, have your shit ready to go!

Edited by jacko, 04 December 2017 - 07:17 AM.

#11 forcebwithu

forcebwithu

Senior Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:00 AM

It's rare that one can say this about a Thai operation, but they really do an outstanding job at Pattaya Immigration.

Edited by forcebwithu, 04 December 2017 - 08:01 AM.

#12 atlas2

atlas2

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8388 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:23 AM

Im going Christmas morning...... its been lovely in the past.... only delays are for the selfies as they are all in fancy dress.

#13 pattysteve

pattysteve

Senior Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:36 PM

Same for me,maybe its a policy.You must attend in person every other time. If it is,i wish the would say so.

#14 cbrib

cbrib

Super Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts
  • Interests:Life
  • Thailand

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:48 PM

I haven't sone the 90 day check in in a while as work has been keeping me busy. I remember the last few times i went in to do it i was there no longer than 5 minutes each time. That is one thing they do have down well there now :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jomtien immigration

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 79 user(s)

RhinoTusk, dheado, short, Bear194, Catbear, bastax33, marklotus, greenhorn, neilri2001, rnine, halfaboy, beechnut3, fizzog3, marleyboy, Kev, LasRobos, ozerob, sabaidii2, Firedude, mrbill2, tommyjg, lellexp, Olded, aj, conway, aldo262, larrymac90, kuranda_bagman, jor, rb, Fornicator, kingarthur, inky13, Fireman Sam, syd_tybil, grs90, travlr1134, tombon, jdbuk, aardvark, explorer, landy2a, Bushcraft, thegrogmonster, statman208, teelack, N3RGT, drzaz, js007, midlifecrisis, flashkiwi, InCider, laffnliv, veill, helloitsme, Barcode, goldtop1, cbrib, BigusDicus, atlas2, jacko, tallguy, pattysteve, forcebwithu, MM, ozboy, redwood13, keyman, sandancer, hjr, mrlasvegas, nkped, Big_Brian, Idefix, sailingbill, Chang_paarp, chrisinjapan, lounge_lizard, seanss