Advanced Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:57 AM

The pics showed 8 abreast I see.

So are we going to 3-4-3?

its showing 10 across in first image...agree at first glance it does look like 2 seats on the wings but its 3...look carefully and you can see

in addition the images later ARE indeed 2-4-2 god alone knows what they are trying to display there

Edited by Rawhide2, 10 March 2018 - 02:59 AM.

#52 Fireman Sam

Fireman Sam

Super Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1162 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 10 March 2018 - 03:19 AM

going 10 abreast on the 777's

https://www.business...504f3-162953081

Nothing in the article about the most important issue i.e. legroom/seat pitch, I would still would rather walk than fly with them.

Regards

#53 jacko

jacko

Hall O Fame

• A Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36448 posts
  • Interests:Relaxing and awaiting the liberation of impotence.
  • Thailand

Posted 10 March 2018 - 03:46 AM

its showing 10 across in first image...agree at first glance it does look like 2 seats on the wings but its 3...look carefully and you can see

in addition the images later ARE indeed 2-4-2 god alone knows what they are trying to display there

Yes I see now thanks.

Hard work from the window seat to get to the bathroom!

Evacuation must be slower too.

I couldn't find whether the ER versions will get this configuration, but what an uncomfortable thought.

#54 thinkingallowed

thinkingallowed

Advanced Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:13 AM

Basically flights out of Heathrow, and therefore to Bangkok, will not be affected by this for eighteen months but we shouldn't let this stop us running round shouting the sky is falling in we are all going to die.

#55 TheFiend

TheFiend

Elite Poster

• A Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6197 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:40 AM

The pics showed 8 abreast I see.

So are we going to 3-4-3?

The top photo in that article shows 3-4-3 in World Traveller, and one lower down shows 2-4-2 in World Traveller Plus

#56 Rawhide2

Rawhide2

Advanced Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:43 AM

Nothing in the article about the most important issue i.e. legroom/seat pitch, I would still would rather walk than fly with them.

Regards

Still 31" I would imagine

#57 Rawhide2

Rawhide2

Advanced Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:34 AM

Basically flights out of Heathrow, and therefore to Bangkok, will not be affected by this for eighteen months but we shouldn't let this stop us running round shouting the sky is falling in we are all going to die.

not sure anyone was implying that as such

#58 thinkingallowed

thinkingallowed

Advanced Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 12 March 2018 - 04:07 PM

not sure anyone was implying that as such

Good grief.

#59 Butch

Butch

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2999 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:08 PM

Matters not, BA are fucking wankers anyway as I've recently discovered. They wanted £77 pp to pre book a business class seat LGW-CPT on top of a £3k ticket price.

I'm not really concerned about the price of the ticket, I am pissed off at the demand for £77 per seat however. I know it is an optional payment but it fucking well shouldn't be.

#60 jacko

jacko

Hall O Fame

• A Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36448 posts
  • Interests:Relaxing and awaiting the liberation of impotence.
  • Thailand

Posted 13 March 2018 - 11:34 PM

Coincidentally wrt BA....

BA Plummets Out Of The UK's Top 20 Brands Table.

Lego wins it!

Last year's winner British Airways, meanwhile, plunged, falling out of the top 20 - following a year in which it was forced to cancel hundreds of flights, affecting tens of thousands of passengers, after a major IT failure.

Sky.

#61 thinkingallowed

thinkingallowed

Advanced Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:30 AM

Matters not, BA are fucking wankers anyway as I've recently discovered. They wanted £77 pp to pre book a business class seat LGW-CPT on top of a £3k ticket price.
I'm not really concerned about the price of the ticket, I am pissed off at the demand for £77 per seat however. I know it is an optional payment but it fucking well shouldn't be.

That is not good but if you fly club class fairly often it's easy to reach silver where it is free at time of booking.

#62 Butch

Butch

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2999 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 14 March 2018 - 11:15 AM

That is not good but if you fly club class fairly often it's easy to reach silver where it is free at time of booking.

Well, it was actually a one off as apart from SAA they're the only people who go direct to Cape Town ( I think).

I'm only there for a few days and it'll be the last time I ever visit so it's no real drama. It just kind of sticks in my throat that they have the front to do that. Anyway, i'm just ranting, I didn't pay their ransom out of principle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 110 user(s)

conway, goldtop1, goldtop1, js007, wombat51, GeeGee, PattayaPete, The_Fat_Controller, Billions, chrisinjapan, midlifecrisis, Taltos, too_mutt, pattysteve, Olded, stuarty, Biego, larrymac90, Evil Penevil, ozerob, rambler349, Fornicator, brotherbuzz, grs90, west1, sevorg, joeaf, mrlasvegas, Kev, Bushcraft, teelack, awesum4, Bazle, wobbly_1, carl2004, beefos, Saddic, Chester007, yogi100, N3RGT, aldo262, Bob Belzy, ozboy, Goldpanner, BILLYH, Bobbyv, JaimetheLimey, valentinoxxx, razraz, Big_Brian, wacmedia, ttk, Catbear, sailingbill, eastoffife, fredflint, marleyboy, john5001, wes007, Chris100UK, Chang_paarp, yorta2, hjr, LasRobos, robbo, rnine, goldtop1, parry, monkeyman, telmah, BBD, atlas2, thegrogmonster, whitney, thinkingallowed, priory, beerboy, mrbill2, helloitsme, jor, Butch, Irish boy, Brown1950, TheFiend, BigusDicus, Regyai, firth1974, marxere, lounge_lizard, Steptoe, kuranda_bagman, jacko, Rawhide2, Gus, tallguy, redwood13, Fireman Sam, fast eddy, Scottie, 007cableguy, keyman, short, hacker, Top_Cat, gs joe, Britboy, shamcurtin, neilri2001, fizzog3, gasbroker