#1 lukeinasia

lukeinasia

New Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:29 PM

Hi everyone! So as the topic suggests this will be my first time in pattaya, in fact first time in Asia. I leave uk middle of January and I'm on here for any tips or help that people can give. I've been hearing a lot of different price ranges some saying a gogo girl can be 4000baht+ can someone help clarify prices of all types, like beer bar girls and massage parlours. I've read that I shouldn't over plan and that when I get there any plans I had will go out the window and so I'm not I will just go with the flow. But any help you guys can give me would be appreciated. I am in thailand for 2 months I'm not sure how much of that time will be spent in pattaya. I also plan on making my way to phuket for diving at one of the nearby islands, is it worth having a few nights out In phuket?
Thanks in advance guys 😀😆😎

#2 js007

js007

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4561 posts
  • United States

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:38 PM

Just going with the flow is the smart thing to do, as that's what you usually end up doing, anyway.  As for girls?  Mostly, they'll try to extract from you as much money as they think they can, so you have that little problem to deal with. Since you're on vacation, you can just pay full "retail" price and not worry too much about it.  Or, if you want to try to economize, then just pick a price you want and don't let them talk you into paying more.  Some places, like the soapy massage places, have fixed prices, so your only worry there is whether or not to tip and how much.  

As for Phuket.  If you're going down that way for scuba diving, a few nights or even a week at Patong Bech would be fun.  The Bangla rod area is where all the nightlife is located.  

#3 Big_Brian

Big_Brian

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2708 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:48 AM

Just make sure that the price, how long she'll stay, what she'll do, etc. are all agreed to before paying the barfine.  Don't be worried about embarrassment, you won't come up with anything she hasn't heard before.  ALWAYS PAY HER AFTERWARDS and, if she doesn't perform as agreed or leaves early, cut the payment and tell her why.

#4 lukeinasia

lukeinasia

New Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:09 PM

Thanks for the replies and the advice

#5 accyboy

accyboy

Advanced Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:30 PM

Stand firm if she doesnt perform it will happen and she will
Cry wolf trust me Im sure we have all been stung this way previously ... be ready but Enjoy
Your 1st trip is a memory to be treasured 😊

#6 Lantern

Lantern

Senior Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Australia

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:20 PM

You'll have a ball.

#7 Big_Brian

Big_Brian

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2708 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:15 AM

You'll have a ball.

Oh, and watch out for the ladyboys.  :gone

#8 Butch

Butch

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2446 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:01 PM

Phuket is more expensive than Pattaya. There's plenty of info here (on the forum) for the first time traveller but you might need to search it out or ask for a link. I think you need to be elevated to "member" status before accessing the really useful info though (stuff like updated prices and the answer to your question about GoGo girls).

If perhaps you chuck a few more posts up or ask the Admin / Mod team nicely you might get bumped up.

Edited by Butch, 16 November 2017 - 08:02 PM.

#9 MM

MM

Hall O Fame

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30826 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:16 AM

Now upgraded.

#10 lukeinasia

lukeinasia

New Poster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:25 PM

Thanks for upgrading me, already researching! And thanks for the replies.

Haven't even been to pattaya yet but I'm already in love with it, I just can't wait to get there!

#11 skellywa3

skellywa3

New Poster

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 18 November 2017 - 03:04 PM

Trust Me, it won't be the last time you visit Pattaya!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 81 user(s)

Bushcraft, sailingbill, fisherman194, graymatter, alexist, beechnut3, jomtienguy, short, pugman, BigusDicus, pattysteve, bastax33, dheado, knavjord, aldo262, PattayaPete, yogi100, fizzog3, greenhorn, west1, Lantern, Odense, kuranda_bagman, marxere, Dungheap, PATFAN, tommyjg, Chang_paarp, welshbrah, marleyboy, robbo, gs joe, telmah, Bazle, aguy2006, Bob Belzy, jor, Fireman Sam, texasfarang, MM, kingarthur, InCider, RhinoTusk, explorer, forcebwithu, N3RGT, grs90, Scottie, conway, Catbear, tallguy, BILLYH, Billions, statman208, rnine, lukeinasia, LBJ, fast eddy, annsjohns, yorta2, ozboy, Bear194, laffnliv, Butch, js007, neilri2001, Jack Scagnetti, beerboy, ttk, goldtop1, thegrogmonster, jacko, redwood13, Big_Brian, LasRobos, tj650, flashkiwi, keyman, joey01, marz, TheFiend