How to donate to the board server fund

Photo

Anyone else having problems with Firefox?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Butch

Butch

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3045 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:50 PM

I think it updated the other day, since then it won't load flash for some reason, yet I've got the latest flash installed.

It works fine with the forum, but other websites it becoming a pain in the arse. I running through a separate VPN as well.

any ideas welcomed and virtual beer in advance (followed by a real one if we ever meet :)  )

**Edit in

For some reason the forum seems slow when I post a new topic as well, not sure if it is my end though. I will switch to IE for a couple of hours to see if it makes any difference.

Edited by Butch, 05 January 2018 - 05:10 PM.

#2 TheFiend

TheFiend

Elite Poster

• A Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6211 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:22 PM

I've just downgraded to Firefox 56.0.2 after I suffered an automatic update..... didn't like the new style bookmark icons in the latest release as they changed to grey bookmark folders...... I've also turned off the automatic update...

Try uninstalling and then a new install with an earlier version and see if that helps......

#3 Butch

Butch

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3045 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:58 PM

Cheers fiend, i'll give it a go. IE is definitely more stable, and like yourself I don't like the latest FF interface.

#4 js007

js007

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4913 posts
  • United States

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:07 PM

I think I tried it but I kept getting messages about unsafe websites. I didn't want to take the time to figure it out, so I'm still using Safari.  

#5 jacko

jacko

Hall O Fame

• A Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36704 posts
  • Interests:Relaxing and awaiting the liberation of impotence.
  • Thailand

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:20 PM

Yes I have had problems with their new version and playing Flash.

Some sites ask me if Flash can be opened and it will work. Facebook is problematic playing videos, especially when contained in 3rd party site, like Thai Visa. It is all about Firefox blocking Flash to some extent as it 'slows things down'....

I recently had a site telling me to update Flash, (although it is up to date) and then try to load some nasties!

Oh and a UKTV streaming site refuses to work so I use Chrome.

#6 TheFiend

TheFiend

Elite Poster

• A Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6211 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:35 AM

I use firefox and chrome as browsers on my PC and I'll admit I prefer using firefox. I avoid using IE unless I really have to....I try to avoid updating firefox until I really have to...

#7 KOJO

KOJO

Advanced Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, painting, drawing
  • Thailand

Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:25 AM

I'm running Chrome and haven't had any problem's, but I do have problems every time Windows 10 wants to update, they change all kinds of shit, and it can't be returned to normal, unless you delete the latest version, and re load an earlier version of Windows 10, reminds me of the days playing W.O.W., and every Monday, they would upload updates and patches for the game, and it took 2 days for everything to get worked out by the players ! Microsoft Sux !! 

Anyone know how to turn off the "automatic photo's app " so it quits automatically making folders of all the pictures I download every week.. I want to make my own, but have over 1200 folders that Microsoft has created, " For My Viewing Pleasure !!" I'm sure they are being stored on a "Cloud", somewhere ! AND we all know clouds are hack able, I would prefer not to share my personal pictures with the world, and YES, some of them are racy ! HA! HA! HA!

Thankx in Advance for any imput.

#8 wacmedia

wacmedia

Hall O Fame

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11329 posts
  • Interests:Wine,women and fast horses
  • Eritrea

Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:57 AM

Hi,

Firefox don't seem to like Flash. I can't even watch The Opening Show unless I enable Flash.

#9 Evil Penevil

Evil Penevil

Elite Poster

• Major Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6237 posts
  • Interests:exposing Internet con men and frauds
  • United States

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:48 PM

Hi,

Firefox don't seem to like Flash. I can't even watch The Opening Show unless I enable Flash.

Flash is disabled by default in Firefox because Mozilla considers Flash to be a security risk.  Firefox recently underwent a big revision that caused a lot of incompatibilities with various software programs, including Invision.   It usually gets straightened out in a few days.  For a couple of days, the board wasn't letting me post more than one pic at a time, no matter what browser I used.  Flash was the culprit, but it sorted itself.

Evil

:devil

#10 Bob Belzy

Bob Belzy

Junior Poster

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 22 January 2018 - 12:49 AM

Flash is disabled by default in Firefox because Mozilla considers Flash to be a security risk.  Firefox recently underwent a big revision that caused a lot of incompatibilities with various software programs, including Invision.   It usually gets straightened out in a few days.  For a couple of days, the board wasn't letting me post more than one pic at a time, no matter what browser I used.  Flash was the culprit, but it sorted itself.

Evil

:devil

Its not just Mozilla that considers Flash to be a security risk, just that they are the first to do something about it. Eventually Flash will fall by the wayside.

#11 jacko

jacko

Hall O Fame

• A Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36704 posts
  • Interests:Relaxing and awaiting the liberation of impotence.
  • Thailand

Posted 22 January 2018 - 01:42 AM

Its not just Mozilla that considers Flash to be a security risk, just that they are the first to do something about it. Eventually Flash will fall by the wayside.

I know that when I am prompted to update Flash Player, which I do, I usually have to do it again the next day as if they get it wrong the first time.

#12 Gary

Gary

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8317 posts
  • Interests:Citizen of the USA. Living a long life and being as lazy as possible.
  • Thailand

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:01 AM

Maybe I give up too easy. I have uninstalled Firefox and am using Chrome and Opera. This combination is working very well for me. I am using a D-Link WiFi camera with Chrome. The camera doesn't work with Firefox,Safari, Edge or Opera. (D-Link hardware sucks). I have Chrome as default and use Opera for all my surfing. I also have a D-Link DNR 202L. It is supposed to work with an external hard drive and it does record. The problem is that I can't view the .DB files. I get the message the DNR not compatible with Firefox, Chrome, IE Edge, Safari or Opera. That recorder is a piece of shit and the camera isn't that good either.

#13 Samsonite

Samsonite

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3741 posts
  • United States

Posted 28 January 2018 - 05:39 AM

The last couple of versions of Firefrox, 57 and 58 (the current version) have worked very well. Firefrox has been completely re-written in a programming language called, Rust. Many of the plugins no longer work, but that will change as they are updated.

If you prefer the older Firefox interface, as I do, you might like Pale Moon. All the older Firefox plugins work, including Flash.

I've been using it as my default browser for many months and it has worked flawlessly on every site I've visited, except Nefflix. For that I use Firefox.

https://www.palemoon.org/

Edited by Samsonite, 28 January 2018 - 05:40 AM.

#14 Gary

Gary

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8317 posts
  • Interests:Citizen of the USA. Living a long life and being as lazy as possible.
  • Thailand

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:26 AM

The last couple of versions of Firefrox, 57 and 58 (the current version) have worked very well. Firefrox has been completely re-written in a programming language called, Rust. Many of the plugins no longer work, but that will change as they are updated.

If you prefer the older Firefox interface, as I do, you might like Pale Moon. All the older Firefox plugins work, including Flash.

I've been using it as my default browser for many months and it has worked flawlessly on every site I've visited, except Nefflix. For that I use Firefox.

https://www.palemoon.org/

Since I have been grabbing at straws trying to view my D-Link camera system recorder, I decided to try Pale Moon. Eureka! That is the only browser that works for D-Link crap software.

Samsonite, thanks for the link. I actually uninstalled Chrome. Now it is Pale Moon for default and Opera for browsing.

#15 wacmedia

wacmedia

Hall O Fame

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11329 posts
  • Interests:Wine,women and fast horses
  • Eritrea

Posted 29 January 2018 - 10:47 AM

Hi,

I use Firefox as I feel it is more secure than many of the others. Problem is when Flash is used it freezes up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 65 user(s)

rnine, monkeyman, pattysteve, KOJO, Idefix, ichy2, PattayaPete, Scottie, bastax33, BILLYH, willconq66, firth1974, bkkbob40, lanzalad, joeaf, sabaidii2, colaboy, JONPAT, nkped, buzzfuzz1, thechairman18, explorer, Bear194, neilri2001, fast eddy, Rawhide2, woody0563, short, GeeGee, Kev, kuranda_bagman, Saddic, js007, InternationalTraveler, sleepwalker, fosse, BigusDicus, tallguy, Butch, Bazle, Evil Penevil, Fireman Sam, buffalo, Jack Scagnetti, statman208, Big_Brian, hacker, wacmedia, TheFiend, jor, gs joe, yogi100, jacko, redwood13, Bob Belzy, Chang_paarp, Odense, Gary, Pumpuynarak, brotherbuzz, lounge_lizard, nus01, keyman, martini9946, Samsonite