The_Fat_Controller

Senior Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Scotland

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:39 PM

One evening flight a day.

Another option via the Middle East for us in Scotland.

#2 TheFiend

TheFiend

Elite Poster

• A Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6095 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 08 May 2018 - 05:34 PM

With Etihad pulling out it means Qatar will have competition again....

#3 TheFiend

TheFiend

Elite Poster

• A Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6095 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:17 PM

Started pricing up flights for a trip in October. Unfortunately it coincides with Half Term for schools in England and prices for flights from Manchester with Qatar were coming in at nearly £700 per person

Decided to check out the Edinburgh option.... Surprisingly flights with Qatar for the same dates were much more respectable.... I've managed to get flights for £425 per person....

The price with Emirates for the same dates.....£524

Looking forward to flying on Qatar's A359 EDI-DOH  and DOH-EDI.

Luckily EDI is roughly the same distance away from where I live as MAN is..... :D :D :D ,

Thought I would check prices from LHR on my dates...... and the shocking thing was only 1 airline (Kuwait Airlines) came up cheaper and that was only by £2 and the Qatar price was £785 per person!!!!

#4 jacko

jacko

Hall O Fame

• A Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35864 posts
  • Interests:Relaxing and awaiting the liberation of impotence.
  • Thailand

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:33 PM

Luckily EDI is roughly the same distance away from where I live as MAN is..... :D :D :D ,

Well any delay at the England / Scotland border getting through the locals chucking bricks should not be any worse than whatever the M60 can come up with!

Not having much luck with flights to UK for September,, might be giving Oman a try, although not happy to arrive in Manchester in the evening!

Edited by jacko, 19 June 2018 - 11:34 PM.

#5 TheFiend

TheFiend

Elite Poster

• A Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6095 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 June 2018 - 12:49 AM

Well any delay at the England / Scotland border getting through the locals chucking bricks should not be any worse than whatever the M60 can come up with!

Not having much luck with flights to UK for September,, might be giving Oman a try, although not happy to arrive in Manchester in the evening!

LOL, there's more chance of getting bricked heading to Manchester...... I've got some Scottish DNA inn me so no problems at the border for me!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 40 user(s)

keyman, marxere, goldtop1, 4wheels, short, rnine, redwood13, grs90, Rawhide2, ozboy, fredflint, chrisinjapan, BILLYH, parry, JohnLogieBaird, martini9946, telmah, TheFiend, jacko, aldo262, js007, marleyboy, Britboy, hjr, The_Fat_Controller, jor, Gus, priory, fisherman194, Fireman Sam, tallguy, Butch, fast eddy, bigbadbaz, Brown1950, lounge_lizard, shamcurtin, gs joe, hacker, robbo