#1 Rawhide2

Rawhide2

Advanced Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2018 - 03:20 PM

May be of interest to some. Came into my inbox few days ago but forgot all about it

https://www.business...age-only-fares/

#2 js007

js007

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4913 posts
  • United States

Posted 16 June 2018 - 03:40 PM

Some airlines in the US charge for every checked bag, so with only a carry-on you'd be getting a discount of sorts.  Anyway, if they want to discount international fares based on no checked bags, I don't see a problem.  

#3 jacko

jacko

Hall O Fame

• A Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36726 posts
  • Interests:Relaxing and awaiting the liberation of impotence.
  • Thailand

Posted 16 June 2018 - 11:16 PM

Some airlines in the US charge for every checked bag, so with only a carry-on you'd be getting a discount of sorts.  Anyway, if they want to discount international fares based on no checked bags, I don't see a problem.  

Except when you are trying to check in behind someone who has exceeded the hand baggage weight limit or number of items.

I still have a sour taste in my mouth from many years ago when I made a booking via something like Expedia, for a budget carrier, and arrived with check-in baggage, but my ticket did not include it... I was inexperineced with budget carriers then. 

Edited by jacko, 16 June 2018 - 11:16 PM.

#4 biggles

biggles

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1671 posts
  • Interests:spend half the year in thailand and half in the Philippines
  • Australia

Posted 17 June 2018 - 05:53 AM

Jacko, I regularly book on-line with LCC and find that they automatically preselect almost every option for you. Things like meal, seat selection, travel insurance etc and you have to go thru and de select them or get an inflated price.

#5 jacko

jacko

Hall O Fame

• A Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36726 posts
  • Interests:Relaxing and awaiting the liberation of impotence.
  • Thailand

Posted 17 June 2018 - 11:02 PM

Jacko, I regularly book on-line with LCC and find that they automatically preselect almost every option for you. Things like meal, seat selection, travel insurance etc and you have to go thru and de select them or get an inflated price.

As I said it was some time ago ago with Flybe (maybe), but via Expedia, Lastminite.com or something like that, and the options didn't come through clearly. It was a lesson well learned for me, I also believe LCC have been forced to make things clearer at the time of booking since, rather than surprise surprise extra charges at check-in. It is a domestic flight I use whenever I am in the UK.

They still do a fair job of nickel and dimeing the price upwards.

Edited by jacko, 17 June 2018 - 11:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 68 user(s)

marleyboy, martini9946, Bazle, ttk, aj, telmah, joeaf, rnine, Butch, fast eddy, thegrogmonster, mrbill2, bkkbob40, forcebwithu, snowbird, pattysteve, short, redwood13, explorer, biggles, chrisinjapan, kingfuji, Bar4, lanzalad, tallguy, kingarthur, Gus, tommyjg, robbo, LBJ, larrymac90, Stan, wacojacko, Arby, CyberSpud, fosse, helloitsme, priory, jacko, jor, TheFiend, Fireman Sam, statman208, sailingbill, Regyai, keyman, gs joe, aldo262, The_Fat_Controller, BILLYH, Rawhide2, js007, Olded, Scottie, dheado, hacker, Odense, Big_Brian, ozboy, Catbear, colaboy, goldtop1, luco01, fisherman194, trikidiki, lounge_lizard, rambler349, firth1974