I'm doing my first long stay (8 months) and I would appreciate some help.
I have done a 3 month trip before and all I did was to get a tourist visa (while in my home country) and then extended it by 30 days via local immigration Thailand. I bounced around in different guest houses and I guess they all did my TM30 properly because I didn't get any fee while extending my visa (2018-March).
Now, however, I'm a bit confused and would love your input.
Lenght of total trip: 8 months
Visa: Tourist Visa 60 day + extension 30 day via local immigration (Pattaya)
Place of stay: Condo Rental (same place for 8 months)
Plan: After 85 of my first days I will leave the country by plane to do a week of vacation in another country. I will return by plane within a week, perhaps two.
TM30: The condo owner has said that she will do the TM30 for me when I land in Thailand on Day 1.
Here are the Q's.....
- When I come back to Thailand after my small trips by plane, do I mail the condo owner to do the reporting "one more time" or how does it work? Can I report my self?
- Since my setup of Tourist Visa (60 day) + Extension (30 day) and leaving on day ~ 85 makes it so I don't stay any consecutive 90day-period - do I have any obligation to do report my stay besides what the condo owner does (tm30)? If I understand it correctly you guys with a long long term visa needs to file a report every 90 days. Can I skip that one?
- Are there any limits to how many times I can enter Thailand by plane? i.e. limits to "border runs"?
- I will probably apply for a tourist visa to Thailand before leaving that country that I'm currently doing my small vacation/"border run" in. Any pros/cons to do this?
- What are some things that you think I've missed that would be good to know?