#26 capdagde

capdagde

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3439 posts
  • France

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:23 AM

I’m pretty sure that all UK based airlines managed to fly into and out of European countries before we were a member of the European union. As do the airlines of the other 163 countries of the world that are also not members of the European Union at present.

Scaremongering by the press who have been so bias to the remain campaign that it is shocking, still vested interests I presume.

Regards

Ah, "Triple drat!" - if you had only written "I assume" Fireman Sam!

All the UK's treaties and agreements for the past 40+ years have been in a job-lot bundle as part of the EU. Paragraph 3 of Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty

http://www.lisbon-tr...article-50.html

means that all that ends on Brexit (deal or no deal - with deal giving 2 more years to sort out the spaghetti).

"It is not just a matter of flying inside Europe. It is through the EU that we have secured beneficial deals with key countries across the world, not least the USA with which the EU has an “open skies” agreement enabling EU or US-based carriers to fly any transatlantic route between the two. This has been particularly beneficial to our non-London airports. Should we be forced to fall back on our previous agreement (the 1946 and 1977 Bermuda agreements) we would be lumbered with a document that would only allow a restricted number of airlines – and flights into London airports alone! So we will also need to negotiate – and negotiate quickly – a new deal with the USA and many other countries."

https://www.richardc...t-and-aviation/

The 1946 and 1977 Bermuda agreements, eh? Who knew?

"The Bermuda agreements were replaced in two stages on 30 March 2008, and 24 June 2010, by the EU–US Open Skies Agreement between the European Union (representing 25 European countries) and the United States, providing for an Open Skies regime even more liberal than Bermuda I."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bermuda_Agreement 

If a BM has "anything-but-rose" coloured spectacles (Richard Corbett being a pinko ................ (insert uninformed colourful comment on the dotted line), Google offers little that does not come from one media outlet or other - and journalists are lazy and will précis (steal) copy from colleagues online.... so "it's the same old song".

So I repeat my question.... Does any BM have a ticket for a flight leaving the UK after 29/03/2019?

Everything's gonna be alright..everything's gonna be alright..everything's gonna be alright..everything's gonna be alright..

No woman no cry!

Andy Le Cap

Edited by capdagde, 19 September 2018 - 11:32 AM.

#27 jacko

jacko

Hall O Fame

• A Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36084 posts
  • Interests:Relaxing and awaiting the liberation of impotence.
  • Thailand

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:26 PM

And similarly I expect the rights of EU carriers to overfly UK airspace and use UK airports and fly into the UK will need to be renegotiated? This was a one way street all along where the UK became a bit player.

#28 capdagde

capdagde

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3439 posts
  • France

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:31 AM

And similarly I expect the rights of EU carriers to overfly UK airspace and use UK airports and fly into the UK will need to be renegotiated? This was a one way street all along where the UK became a bit player.

The island of Great Britain has a big bottom (the Land of Lard?) so many might prefer the "if you look out of the left/right window you can see Gloup" route. 

Edited by capdagde, 20 September 2018 - 04:32 AM.

#29 Rawhide2

Rawhide2

Advanced Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:25 AM

Andy Le Cap wrote

"So I repeat my question.... Does any BM have a ticket for a flight leaving the UK after 29/03/2019?

Last night I put in dates outboud 29/30th March to European and Thai destinations. It may purely have been a 1 off but a lot of the major carriers were missing (lot were still there) will repeat it tomorrow see if its repeated.

Anyone who think this is project fear (across the board) should have been been promoting that pre referendum. A lot of people in the uk need to give their heads a serious wobble. Someone earlier compared it to the clock clicking over to the year 2000 frankly Id put that at 1/100 compared to what is going to happen over next 5 years

Edited by Rawhide2, 20 September 2018 - 06:27 AM.

#30 ttk

ttk

Elite Poster

• SSG-Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1839 posts
  • Estonia

Posted 20 September 2018 - 07:02 PM

. Someone earlier compared it to the clock clicking over to the year 2000 frankly Id put that at 1/100 compared to what is going to happen over next 5 years

Y2k was a HUGE deal with lots of people saying the world was goung to end...until it 1 Jan 2000 and then very little actually hapened. Less then 7% of the worlds population is in EU

#31 jacko

jacko

Hall O Fame

• A Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36084 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 20 September 2018 - 11:24 PM

Y2k was a HUGE deal with lots of people saying the world was goung to end...until it 1 Jan 2000 and then very little actually hapened. Less then 7% of the worlds population is in EU

Although to put that into perspective... population may not be everything else India would be more important.

In 2017, the share of the European Union in the global gross domestic product based on purchasing-power-parity amounted to an estimated 16.52 percent. The EU GDP amounted to 13.92 trillion euros in 2014

#32 Rawhide2

Rawhide2

Advanced Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 21 September 2018 - 05:02 AM

lol buddy it was well reported that the world wasnt going to end. I cant think of a better way to say it lol

What isn't being reported is what is going to change from March 29th in the event of a deal and god forbid a no deal which is increasingly likely again after yesterday. I've seen stuff (and the rest here can likewise with simple searches) of the reams of changes with both a deal and no deal outcome. Am not listing them here as was accused of being naive the last time I did. The naivety is from those with their heads in the sand

I can actually see this going to a peoples vote on any deal and few weeks ago I wouldnt have dreamt of that scenario

Edited by Rawhide2, 21 September 2018 - 05:09 AM.

#33 Siam Sam

Siam Sam

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5549 posts
  • Interests:Asian girls, travel, reading, music, writing, beer, collecting books/CDs/DVDs, philosophy, literature, religion, conspiracy theories, gastronomy and fine wine, MUFC, long walks, profound talks about metaphysics, philosophy, eschatology, religion and cosmology, ticking things off my bucket list and living everyday like the last.
  • England

Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:22 AM

I've seen stuff (and the rest here can likewise with simple searches) of the reams of changes with both a deal and no deal outcome.

Wow. You've "seen stuff" that'll happen in the event of both Brexit scenarios without that even happening yet? This is impressive stuff. Please tell us all which of these sites that successfully predict the future that you're using because I'm most intrigued.

#34 jacko

jacko

Hall O Fame

• A Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36084 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:42 PM

The way the negotiations are going, and what I perceive to be very negative treatment of the UK by the EU (some will say they brought it on themselves, but I say the EU brought it about due to intransigence), I just want to get out of their domineering clutches whatever comes! The UK will be offering free trade agreements to anyone else who wants to come too. :D And if  they land on your shores, they are yours!

#35 midlifecrisis

midlifecrisis

Hall O Fame

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14665 posts
  • United States

Posted 22 September 2018 - 12:13 AM

The way the negotiations are going, and what I perceive to be very negative treatment of the UK by the EU (some will say they brought it on themselves, but I say the EU brought it about due to intransigence), I just want to get out of their domineering clutches whatever comes! The UK will be offering free trade agreements to anyone else who wants to come too. :D And if  they land on your shores, they are yours!

I have always been rooting for this but my pessimism about the elites sabotaging this has not lessened. 

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 84 user(s)

beefos, pattayaman, CyberSpud, BigusDicus, Catbear, aldo262, Pumpuynarak, aj, Big_Brian, js007, Footymadstreams, willconq66, joeaf, short, biggles, john55, yogi100, bastax33, PigBoy#1, inky13, telmah, kuranda_bagman, bkkbob40, VPI78, hjr, redwood13, Bazle, Diverse, Britboy, Chang_paarp, JONPAT, 4niceight, explorer, eastoffife, atlas2, bigbadbaz, Stan, Regyai, fizzog3, tommyjg, BILLYH, Gus, BigDUSA, The_Fat_Controller, marleyboy, fredflint, beerboy, goldtop1, gs joe, rainsberger, mackers, Brown1950, GeeGee, fast eddy, Billions, brotherbuzz, Rawhide2, Scottie, helloitsme, martini9946, midlifecrisis, ttk, jacko, tallguy, sinbinjack, Dave, keyman, Siam Sam, Bushcraft, firth1974, TheFiend, robbo, conway, Butch, capdagde, lounge_lizard, priory, marxere, rnine, jor, Fireman Sam, ozboy, chrisinjapan, Baht Man