9 replies to this topic

#1 Scottie

Scottie

Advanced Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 07:08 AM

What's with retox and Witherspoon's no longer having the papers to read in the mornings ?

#2 Butch

Butch

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3045 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:43 AM

Might be best to ask the Manager , he's often in there during the day. PBG still has them as far as I know, which is a bloody long trek from Retox and probably not much help.

#3 lounge_lizard

lounge_lizard

Advanced Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • England

Posted 01 November 2018 - 06:21 AM

As at yesterday, PBG had the Daily Mail and USA Today

Robin Hood in the Avenue also had a good selection - Mail, Sun etc.

#4 Scottie

Scottie

Advanced Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 06:54 AM

Thanks for the replies.Thought I'd try retox game on,but no good,so went to Robin Hood and caught up
With latest Brexit crap.

#5 jacko

jacko

Hall O Fame

• A Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36704 posts
  • Interests:Relaxing and awaiting the liberation of impotence.
  • Thailand

Posted 02 November 2018 - 07:22 AM

I was having some pub grub in Pattaya and grabbed a newspaper recently and found myself reading one I had bought in the UK some weeks prior. Perhaps they are getting too expensive!

Edited by jacko, 02 November 2018 - 07:43 AM.

#6 Siam Sam

Siam Sam

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5787 posts
  • Interests:Asian girls, travel, reading, music, writing, beer, collecting books/CDs/DVDs, philosophy, literature, religion, conspiracy theories, gastronomy and fine wine, long walks, profound talks about metaphysics, philosophy, eschatology, religion and cosmology, ticking things off my bucket list and living everyday like the last.
  • England

Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:47 PM

Thanks for the replies.Thought I'd try retox game on,but no good,so went to Robin Hood and caught up
With latest Brexit crap.

Yeah because if you wanted the truth on the latest with Brexit you'd read the Daily Mail and The Sun - the bastions of impartiality, integrity and incisive journalism.  :rotflmao

#7 atlas2

atlas2

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9159 posts
  • Thailand

Posted 03 November 2018 - 05:12 AM

Yeah because if you wanted the truth on the latest with Brexit you'd read the Daily Mail and The Sun - the bastions of impartiality, integrity and incisive journalism.  :rotflmao

Dont be a snob!
The Guardian has much more bias.
A fair understanding of the Brexit issues can only be reached by reading both sides of the argument such is the one-eyed reporting standards these days.
I only trust Leonard Barden's colum in the Guardian.

Anyway it's the sports pages that matter most in bars. Left foot, right foot no one cares.

Edited by atlas2, 03 November 2018 - 06:26 AM.

#8 misteregg

misteregg

Senior Poster

• Business Owner
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Interests:Owner Le Pub, soi Diamond
  • Thailand

Posted 04 November 2018 - 04:47 AM

The newspapers are too expensive after licensing and printing costs. I have a promotion in my bar where customers bring in newspapers on the flight over here and I give them a free drink. It works very well.

Edited by misteregg, 04 November 2018 - 04:48 AM.

#9 Daveuk

Daveuk

Advanced Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • United Kingdom

Posted 04 November 2018 - 04:58 PM

When in Thailand I read The Times 7 days a week on my IPad for which I pay a very reasonable online subscription. It’s available to download at about 10 am and have pretty well the same content as the paper edition.

#10 lounge_lizard

lounge_lizard

Advanced Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • England

Posted 05 November 2018 - 02:58 AM

I sometimes see UK newspapers on sale in shops - the price tag is mostly 200 baht.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 68 user(s)

tommyjg, Grandpollo, Bushcraft, midlifecrisis, BigusDicus, TheFiend, too_mutt, laffnliv, aldo262, Arby, rnine, short, mrbill2, kingfuji, ttk, Olded, Catbear, telmah, Bob Belzy, nkped, wacmedia, BigDUSA, marleyboy, js007, marxere, robbo, martini9946, pattysteve, JONPAT, maik, keyman, yogi100, 9cisco999, kingarthur, sailingbill, thegrogmonster, Billions, Scottie, drzaz, beefos, Daveuk, Stan, Chang_paarp, lounge_lizard, yorta2, tallguy, snowbird, forcebwithu, Barhop, PattayaPete, jacko, atlas2, Kev, gs joe, fast eddy, Britboy, conway, jor, goldtop1, hatter, kuranda_bagman, Butch, stewieg, redwood13, Siam Sam, greenhorn, sinbinjack, explorer