Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1550 posts
  • Interests:Life
  • Thailand

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:57 AM

POPULAR

The Last flight i took back to the states i really wasted too much timelooking around for deals and the air fares were getting too expensive. The best deal i found was on SkyScanner with Phillipine Air. This is the first time i have taken them long haul, here's my experience.

Bangkok-Manila: Brand new Boeing 777. Very clean and the flight was near empty. Great selection of entertainment, food was actually really good and nice Nestle Ice Cream for desert.

Manila: A little weird set up for transit as they had us queue up for bording pass check before then scanned. Once you get upstairs into the terminal i hope you're not much of a drinker as there is no bar in that terminal, i did find one kiosk however that sold San Miguel and it was very conveniently right next to a mobile phone charging station. The terminal also lets you access free wifi which is fast but they only give you an hour.

Manila-LAX:   Flight was full. Meal wasn't quite as good but service kept the wine pouring coming by asking if i wanted a "top up". In flight entertainment was ok but not the biggest selection of movies

LAX-Manila: I would have to say pretty much the same but it was a late flight and i was knackered and slept a good portion of the flight. Over all it was comfortable and again plenty of attention from the flight staff.

Manila-Bangkok:  Again the flight was almost empty, i had the aisle with the seat next to me open. Food was again really good and when they saw the ice cream was frozen brought me a new one saying i could have as many as i like.

Summary: After going China Eastern, Phillipine Air is definitely a step up. They are not the cheapest but if the deal was right i would not hesitate to take them again. Service staff was very professional yet warm and welcoming, food was pretty decent. Planes were new and seats were comfortable....well for economy anyways. All in all a great experience, hipe this mini review helps.....Cheers!

#2 Butch

Butch

Elite Poster

• Participant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3045 posts
  • Philippines

Posted 03 November 2018 - 06:12 PM

Good report Cbrib, PA have certainly upped their game in recent times. They offer an LHR-MNL direct option here in the UK, which is a bit of a ball breaker at 14+ hours but ideal if you want to do it in one hit. We have used them recently and I also found their service pretty good, they have had a great deal of investment which is obviously now coming through and filtering down to the customer.

#3 jacko

jacko

Hall O Fame

• A Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36704 posts
  • Interests:Relaxing and awaiting the liberation of impotence.
  • Thailand

Posted 03 November 2018 - 10:08 PM

Good report Cbrib, PA have certainly upped their game in recent times. They offer an LHR-MNL direct option here in the UK, which is a bit of a ball breaker at 14+ hours but ideal if you want to do it in one hit. We have used them recently and I also found their service pretty good, they have had a great deal of investment which is obviously now coming through and filtering down to the customer.

PAL, plane always late, is how I remember them. And one English friend complaining that when you boarded most planes you were met with relaxing low level music, but PAL it was like entering a disco! Good to hear of improvements.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

This topic has been visited by 62 user(s)

Scottie, Barhop, sailingbill, nkped, wacmedia, short, Arby, jor, bastax33, Firedude, TheFiend, CyberSpud, Catbear, js007, aldo262, thegrogmonster, gs joe, too_mutt, jacko, martini9946, yorta2, Chang_paarp, kuranda_bagman, 4niceight, BigDUSA, redwood13, ttk, kingfuji, PattayaPete, maik, Rawhide2, keyman, stomper, marleyboy, rnine, conway, valentinoxxx, forcebwithu, fizzog3, Butch, Grandpollo, marxere, Rushman, goldtop1, SunnyValentine, lounge_lizard, cheeky, snowbird, fast eddy, ozboy, CalEden, aardvark, Gus, PigBoy#1, Yujin, beerboy, Fireman Sam, cbrib, glee, rambler349, Gary, neilri2001